They threw away our gold!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:o Ok, so I have been in pain lately due to one of my teeth hurting, well, I woke up this morning with my face swollen, and hurting very badly. :'( We ended up seeing a really nice dentist, who said the tooth and my sinus's are badly infected, and ended with no choice but to pull the tooth. :'( Now this paticular tooth had a root canal done back in the mid 90's, and we went with a gold cap. Well guess what? Yep! That's the tooth that has to come out!!!!! :o We asked them a few times, yes Chug went with me, he had his hand on my leg to comfort me, and it helped, so very much, thank you Chug, I love you sweetheart! :love1: :love3: :love4: Anyway, after a bit, they got the gold crown off, Chug reminded them that we wanted it, and the dentist had to cut my tooth into five pieces in order to get it all out, I have very long and weird roots in my teeth! Anyway, after two hours, we are all done, the assistant took the crown and tooth pieces to clean them for us, she got distracted, and my tooth and gold crown were put into a biohazard container, and of course now it's gone! ::) Everyone thought we were strange asking for the crown, we explained we are saving scrap gold and other things in order to get Chug a new detector, then he will teach me how to use one, I'm so excited, and have been practicing holding his while using my cane, I need to use a cane to help me walk as I have bad balance problems and fall quite a bit. I'm not going to let that stop me, I'm looking forward to my first find!!!!!So, are we strange to ask for the crown, and are they worth anything? :dontknow: Oh well, maybe the tooth fairy will take pity and make up for it!!! LOL :laughing9: Red

Attachments

• OWIE!!!! 008.JPG
    OWIE!!!! 008.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 296

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red you did not lose much , even though it is sold as a Gold cap or tooth the amount in the metal is not much. Years ago they used gold as it was easy to shape ,but as they got better stuff they started mixing the Gold as they where not having to do the same to shape it as in the old days.

Yes it would have been worth a little but not as much as you would think.
After my surgery's after getting hit by a drunk driver they kept my gold tooth that had to be taken out and the Doctor gave it back to me.
After checking as the major part of the tooth was gold as I thought it was not worth even 15 dollars . Now there may be some that have more in them but after asking I was told that it was mostly for show now and not for the Gold amount as was used .

You can check online and there was a page that told the amount of worth for Dental Gold . But I do not remember where it was . And it tells why it is not worth as much as most think.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Glad you got rid of that Nasty Old Infected Tooth, sorry you lost the crown tho. However, nothing to get upset about. They have very little value now days. Dentist had to trash my gold teeth too when they pulled them last year. He tried to save the crown but couldn't get the tooth out of it. It was in my mouth for over 30 years and the dentist had wrapped the gold all around the tooth down below the gum line. He put it on there to stay. Hope you start feeling better now.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:sad1: Our main thing about the crown is we were going to set it up as today's finds, with Chug using his pinpointer on my mouth, well, you get the idea! We just wanted to make a few people smile!!! Aw well, and thanks DF, I hope to start feeling better soon, did you see how puffy my face is? LOL :laughing9: Red

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Now that would have been funny! The swelling will go down in a day or two. :violent1:
Warm Fuzzes to you and Trent

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its OK red I got out today and Found you the cute silver ring!!! After I get done with My project tomorrow I will Go out and Try for the Gold for You Love Chug!!!! :love4: :love4: :love4:
I will post this one and what i find tomorrow !!! Reds sleeping now!!! HH Chug

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to read you lost your tooth. I've had about 6 root canals in my life and all but one are gone. One made it about 3 months and a couple others about 1 year (all were painful most of the time). Root canals aren't always as good as they say. I refuse to get any in the future.

About your gold crown, they're worth max about $6.50. They are about 6K and cost about $10 to make at our present high gold prices. The rest is all markup for the caster and doctor. I have a friend who learned how to make these during the Vet Nam era and today he's mega rich. Dentistry is one of the biggest rip offs known to modern man. I just had a partial made by a local doctor. It cost me total $2500. I could have gotten the same work done at "Affordable Dentures" for $600. But I couldn't travel down to Lansing Michigan so I (my insurance) got burned.

On top of this, in fitting my partial the doctor allowed an incompetent assistant to fit it for me and she ground down a front tooth too far. The doctor ended up grinding down my good front teeth to match her mistake. He never even offered to sent the partial back for repair. It's a good thing for him I don't sue.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just let you imagination work!!!!

The Name of the post would have Been "Reds first Gold Find!!!!"

The first picture would have been Her Holding My Garrets propointer to her Face!!! On the other gold cap she has!!!

Then a cute story!! Then a picture of the cap and Tooth

We had a blast, talking about it and deciding on how we would post the story, It pasted the time while we were waiting for the Novocain to work!!! We got to the truck an noticed that we did not have the cap or tooth!!! I was disappointed because it would have been a great Post !!! HH Chug

Red is resting and Recovering!!!!!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan,

I think I'd be really ticked for two reasons - one, they ground down a tooth too far - and then the solution to the problem was another mistake.

They should have either built up, or capped the shorter one to match. A dentists job is to make you look as naturally as you normally do - not
to change your features (and every tooth helps you look like who you are).

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread