Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We currently live at the back side of a campground and have a lot of campers coming and going everyday. We also have a few more long term people that have stayed for a year or longer. My wife has lived here for 18 years, gone through 4 different owners etc. We have had a few things turn up missing several times so we leave very few things outside or in sight.

One of our neighbors that has lived here for about a year is a man fighting cancer. Ken found out that he had stage 4 colon cancer about six months ago and it has since spread to his liver. He is a fighter and in spite of his treatments, tries to stay as active as he can. He was off yesterday for another round of treatment and was gone all day. Yesterday evening, before Ken got back, a guy in a truck came in and went straight to his camper, backed up and then loaded Ken's new collapsible ladder that he had slid under the camper. Linda, another neighbor saw the guy loading it up but just thought that it was one of Ken's friends. Nope, just a thief that knew exactly what he wanted and had waited for Ken to be gone.

Part of me thinks that it was someone who had camped in here recently and had seen Ken using it when helping Linda with her camper. Pretty low person to steal from someone fighting for their life. The law came out but nothing will probably come of it except for Ken losing a valuable possession. We keep a security light on at night in an attempt to slow down the thieves but this guy came in broad daylight. Just pretty sad, like the guy needs another problem to deal with.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dirtlooter...what the hell is wrong with people nowadays? :dontknow:

I hope your friend's treatment can stop the cancer from spreading further. I will say a prayer for Ken tonight.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jerry, all I can say is...that there is a special place in hell for clowns like that. I'm hoping he enjoyed that hit of..whatever he pawned/sold/fenced/scrapped that ladder for. My heart is out to that couple...Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread