Things are lookin a little Rosie hunting with Old River

Young River

Nov 23, 2008
Hewitt, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Things are lookin' a little 'Rosie' hunting with Old River

Finally got hooked up with a place to hunt! One of my co-workers' family owns some farmland in West, TX and told me that I could go out there & take my Dad when he comes to visit and see if we could find anything. Couldn't believe it when we'd only been there 10 to 15 minutes and he turns up an 1899 silver half dollar. At least I found a silver 1953 Rosie...not nearly as big, but still encouraging. Found lots of broken glass & bottles. Managed to find a bent up spoon and a couple of buttons to boot. Can't wait to hit the other areas he told us about too. Hopefully the ground will be a little more dried out next time. There's nothing like being able to spend time with your Dad and doing something together that you both enjoy!

Attachments

• 100_0412.jpg
    100_0412.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 100_0414.jpg
    100_0414.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 398
  • 100_0436.jpg
    100_0436.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 393
  • 100_0422.jpg
    100_0422.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Things are lookin' a little 'Rosie' hunting with Old River

Looks like you found a good place YR. That Ace will sniff out some goodies for you too. WTG on the silver :thumbsup:

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

You guys are onto a really great spot,2 silvers on the first trip is sweet. Doesnt look to be any modern trash there either so you should dig everything,dig those little bitty signals too,lotta times a coin on edge or deep will give a really small sketchy signal. Looks like you have a good eye for the glass be suprised if a few marbles arent laying out there as well,really clean that place out. The best part is next year after the fields are plowed a couple of times you can do it all again,HH...Shoot

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

Really cool, Im impressed you can find time for yall to share the passion of hunting together. I have one of those Heart shaped train buttons somewhere, got a big smile when I dug it up.
Yall are a insperation to all of us and Boyce's buttons were a pleasure to see first hand. Ill always tell the story of my friends Buttons and his family.

Mich. Wolverine

Dec 12, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266

Nice finds. :thumbsup: I have never seen that carhart button before. Thanks for sharing.
Wolverine.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lots'a great relics! I know you two had a wonderful time hunting!! Congrats on that silver!

Nana :)

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I really enjoyed the hunt. I do appreciate your friend letting us hunt this place. Looking forward to going again.

Dad (Old River)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread