Things come in "THREE's" 333

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at my first bank this morning to do a dump and pick up two dime boxes. This very cute young teller takes my dump receipt, pays me, go gets the 2-boxes and says "that will be $500 PLUS $1.50". At first I was thinking service charge, then she says "I'll trade you for $1.50". Then I realized what she meant. I had previously arranged with her to pay her 8-times face on any silver coins she comes across. At time of transaction it's straight face value & we just square things away next time. Well this time she hands me THREE 90% halves: 2-walkers(41,43), and a very clean '64 Ken. I'm thinking, it would take me about 12-18 boxes of dimes to find the equalivant of 15-dimes, and she does it in two minutes. I owe her big time. No questions asked, just a big smile from her, and a thank you from me. THINGS COME IN THREE's 333.

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I would DEFINITELY keep her on the Christmas card list!! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dozer, nice arrangement that you have. Also, how did you do with the Indian head cent rolls?
Diver D
I've put aside the 6-rolls (darker paper), will do those last. The other rolls I usually cut everything open & dump into a box container, then as time permits I gradually sort out the keepers for later sorting (keeping the best) for the 12-grandkids folders + surplus keepers. Everything except the six are cut open, I'm building up my own hype on these rolls. I'll post my findings on my other "LOOKIE" post. Thanks for the interest, HH, DozerD.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My pretty young teller does it again! Took my bag of dump dimes in to be counted & get 1or 2 dime boxes if available. My dump total was well over the $500 for the boxes, however she only had only one seal box (no holes), but with the misc change coming back to me was another '42 WALKER. I needed to square up with her from the previous 3-90% halves from last week, plus this one. I've arranged to pay her 8xface on any silver she comes across. So far, she has really put out the silver for me. Opened the sealed dime box, SKUNK & BUSTED, all NEW 2016-D's. At least I got a 90% half in the deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread