Things from my partners past

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
I was messing around in a patch of grass next to our house with a pinpointer and found a few odds and ends.
The horn amulet is actually my partners, I found it buried about a half inch down, she lost it in highschool, like, 30 years ago. The wrench is one of a number found on the property that belonged to her great grandpa, some of them I was able to squarely date in the mid 1940s and I'm sure this one is no exception, I did take a couple days to clean it up.
The brass thing I have no idea, some bit of broken jewelry. I've found things on the property that belonged to my partner when she was a child in the same area so I continue to hunt there, there may be a few more trinkets lurking.....

Attachments

• IMG_20240519_205611916.jpg
    IMG_20240519_205611916.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Upvote 9
OP
OP
Midden-marauder

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
Provenance ups the value of recoveries.
That's the fun of searching the property we live on. We have strong documentation of the history and tantalizing clues to a past that existed before the known parts. The whole reason I ever even picked up detecting had to do with finding pieces of my partners family who have occupied the place for 3 generations, I've found quite a bit at this point. One of my favorite parts was finding a cute, rhinestone studded metal dragonfly that was a piece of jewelry belonging to my partner when she was about 4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread