Things I Found Today

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
Ramitt said:
Green Frost said:
steve71 said:
i know that all of them are rocks thats a fact.maybe some indian artifacts need better pics.

Lol, Hope no one takes advice from you then. 8)

You really should reread that statement. Clearly everything in your pics is made of rock, rather they are indian artifacts seems to be debatable. I am far from an expert, but most of those look like plain old rocks. ::) not much to reread,was a joke of coarse all are rocks.and some are i'm sure artifact related.but most are sex rocks just another fn rock.slow down when you read i did not say all are artifacts.some are most are not.my advice is just as good as any of yours. ;D

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Green, that page you linked at the bottom of your post has been circulated around most of the archaeology & collecting websites for a long time. Unfortunately, that fellow has a very vivid imagination - they aren't true artifacts. In nature you will find items all around you that remind you of something else. Have you ever looked up at the clouds and saw a guys face in it? It happens all of the time, it doesn't mean that it was intentional. Its the same way with rocks. Pick any piece of gravel out of your driveway and if you have a vivid imagination, you can find something in every one of them. It could be a picture, constellation or an "arrowhead", but you'll find something it resembles. It's pseudo archaeology.

OP
OP
G

Green Frost

Oct 9, 2005
well all of the new pictures I have posted, you can clearly see they are artifacts.

Vicegrip

Aug 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Troy X5, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Green Frost said:
well all of the new pictures I have posted, you can clearly see they are artifacts.

You Are a funny guy. :D

razor

Apr 29, 2007
You know Green Frost you asked for advise, we gave it. Several of us tried to give you the benifit of the doubt, and you called us ignorant and un-educated... told us to read a book... do some research. Dude grow up! Other than a few flakes and a few fossils and perhaps maybe a scraper or two, the stuff you posted is nothing more than rocks. You want to go play somewhere else that's great, but they're going to laugh at you too. There comes a time when you need to stop and ask yourself a question: Could I be wrong? I think it is time you asked yourself that question. Part of academia is being able to accept when your wrong and being willing to learn from those who want to help you. So don't tell anyone they have a closed mind, when yours is rusted shut. Razor

P

pickaway

Hate to see you go.
try this site for some advice see what they say there.
www.arrowheadforums.com
heres a pic of stuff i found this morning theres probably 30 pounds of flint and 3 little blades. I do not consider the flint peices artifacts even when some of it has been worked it is just debris which i now leave in the woods.
c1.gif

oh i did keep the horseshoe.

Vicegrip

Aug 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Troy X5, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like many here have been into archaeology most of my life. Like most here reading studying researching talking to collage professors and experts,
going on Archaeology digs and not to mention hunting many sites is a given.

And yes you do have flakes and scrapers ( I believe I saw a point or two in past posts) but no doubt most are plain old unworked rocks.
I think Cannonman would back me up on this him having 5 years of study in this field at a state university.

So yes you are going to be laughed at.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
pickaway said:
Hate to see you go.
www.arrowheadforums.com
heres a pic of stuff i found this morning theres probably 30 pounds of flint and 3 little blades. I do not consider the flint peices artifacts even when some of it has been worked it is just debris which i now leave in the woods.
c1.gif

Pickaway, that's very impressive. Are you finding many cores / bladelettes on that site?

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Hey pickaway, send me some of the big flint pieces and I'll knapp some points out of it for you! ;D

Devin, no doubt. Some flaking debatage and many plain rocks...some people you just can't tell anything to, they want your opinion as long as it's what they want to hear. ::)

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
pickaway said:
Hate to see you go.
www.arrowheadforums.com
c1.gif

sHUCKS! Iwas hopin 2 talk ya out of that shoe. I lost one in the weeds dis mornin pitchin. Thanks for the info pick on the other forum. And Green frost,sorry to see you go. I,ts been fun.I,m sorry if I got a little sarcastic in my reply. I wish you luck and Happy huntin. If finding river rock makes you happy then great as long as it works for you is all that is important anyhow Jeff

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
pickaway said:
Hate to see you go.
www.arrowheadforums.com
c1.gif

damn on one hell of a site looks like texas stuff

Ramitt

Jul 24, 2007
steve71 said:
Ramitt said:
Green Frost said:
steve71 said:
i know that all of them are rocks thats a fact.maybe some indian artifacts need better pics.

Lol, Hope no one takes advice from you then. 8)

You really should reread that statement. Clearly everything in your pics is made of rock, rather they are indian artifacts seems to be debatable. I am far from an expert, but most of those look like plain old rocks. ::) not much to reread,was a joke of coarse all are rocks.and some are i'm sure artifact related.but most are sex rocks just another fn rock.slow down when you read i did not say all are artifacts.some are most are not.my advice is just as good as any of yours. ;D

That was not directed at you Steve, it was for Green.

Green don't go away mad, people here really are just trying to educate you.

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Green,

I tried for several minutes to find something in the pics that could be an artifact. I couldn't find anything. No disrespect or anything intended, but I just couldn't find anything that was an artifact. There were a few that might have been worked. Keep looking, you will find a some good ones sooner or later. When I first started looking, I probably brought enough flint home to fill a dump truck. ;D
I finally started getting an "eye" for them. I still find more debitage than I do points, but I leave the debitage in the fields. It keeps my wife happy. ;)

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions