deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently bought a book:US NAVY SEAL COMBAT MANUAL
Cannot sell it on Ebay!!
Message from Ebay:
Military Manuals
It appears you are attempting to list a military manual that may be restricted for sale as technical data under the US Munitions list found at ITAR Part 121. Due to the highly regulated nature of these items, which can restrict even sales within the US, eBay has made the policy decision to prohibit these items altogether. Therefore, this item is not permitted and please do not attempt to relist. Please see eBay’s Military Items policy for more information.

Dooh!!!!!!!

us navy seal combat manual 1.jpg

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
years ago some of the pamlits we dropped behind enemy lines or got to people fighting there goverments started finding there way back home so they made it against the law to sell them or republish .That said there are a lot of people that collect them.read an memorize the good ones.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the old "kill or get killed " WW2 hand to hand combat training booklet by rex applegate was my favorite. --nothing fancy --just brutal highly effective beatdown methods

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BIN of $20.00. I think why I could not list it is becasue I did not list it under books, but under collectibles, military , navy.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
List it on Amazon.com

It's easy to become a seller and no up front fees when listing anything.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought the Big A has a 99¢ listing fee one everything. I better go read their fee schedule again. I am registered there but never listed because their fees were too high compared with ebay.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought the Big A has a 99¢ listing fee on everything. I better go read their fee schedule again. I am registered there but never listed because their fees were too high compared with ebay.

JonG

Feb 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deserdog - if you're still looking to sell it, I'll take it off your hands for the $20. Would fit into my collection.

TradeWithYou

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no up front listing fees. I sell books on the big A and fees are taken out after the book sells. May not be cheap, but was easy to get started.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no up front listing fees. I sell books on the big A and fees are taken out after the book sells. May not be cheap, but was easy to get started.

I sell a lot of books on half.com
It only takes 30 seconds to list a book or DVD
I have over 120 items on there right now.
list for free and they stay up till they sell
it is owned by ebay but there are only 2 seller rules that I can think of, list condition accurately and ship within 7 days.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT IS WIERD. I PUSHED THE SUBMIT BUTTON AND T-NET WOULD NOT LET ME POST. TOLD ME TO WAIT 15 SECONDS. I WAITED AND CLICKED AGAIN AND NOW A DUPLICATE POSTING

I sell a lot of books on half.com
It only takes 30 seconds to list a book of DVD
I have over 120 items on there right now.
list for free and they stay up till they sell
it is owned by ebay but there are only 2 seller rules that I can think of, list condition accurately and ship within 7 days.

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay ia weird, no doubt. You can't sell an antique "toy" gun, because they weren't manufactured with an orange plug. We're talking a toy here. But, you can sell civil war pistol and or parts of rifles, etc.. (non functioning of course) rusted, or whatever condition. No plug needed. They "used" to shoot real bullets. But try to sell a "toy" (say Roy Rogers cap gun) can't se sold.
It's not eBay's fault, they have to abide by regulations and I get that. But, who regulates this stuff errr, what deep regulates it? :dontknow:

TradeWithYou

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan,

I need to check out half.com. Never sold there but am always looking for new places. Thanks for the info.

TradeWithYou

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan,

I need to check out half.com. Never sold there but am always looking for new places. Thanks for the info.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay ia weird, no doubt. You can't sell an antique "toy" gun, because they weren't manufactured with an orange plug. We're talking a toy here
I once found a 1940's era boys (I guess tomboys too) pot iron pistol. Of course no orange plug. This was not a cheap toy. So what was I to do?

At work, out by the machinery, there are orange foam ear plugs. Guess what I did?
Just my way of telling ebay to shove it ;)

I then went into my photoshop program and grabbed the orange color and airbrushed it to look real. Never got a complaint from the buyer that didn't get an orange plug.

Attachments

• 565123153_o.jpg
    565123153_o.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 98

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That's a fantastic old Kilgore pistol!
I hated to part with it. but business is business. It was played with very hard too. some kid broke it and looks like his father welded it back together. everything still worked.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once found a 1940's era boys (I guess tomboys too) pot iron pistol. Of course no orange plug. This was not a cheap toy. So what was I to do? At work, out by the machinery, there are orange foam ear plugs. Guess what I did? Just my way of telling ebay to shove it ;) I then went into my photoshop program and grabbed the orange color and airbrushed it to look real. Never got a complaint from the buyer that didn't get an orange plug.
I did the same thing with a miniature Berloque cap gun once, except I used a small orange piece of paper that I rolled up and shoved in the end of the barrel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread