Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1. Coils. Darn things are costly, I'd sure like an aftermarket choice or in general a larger selection of coils.
2. Charging clips. Yes, I'd like something less easily broken.
3. Larger frequency shift range for EMI. Many places I search at have issues with powerlines and EMI.

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes to:

-Charger Clips (XP guys these need stronger springs!)
- Iron disc, though this gets better the more you know you machine
- Chattery when near power lines, train lines and even roadsides

For "rolling down the hill" I have a solution: Lay you deus horizontal to slope, not paralell. :icon_thumleft:

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a heads up, I bought one of the 1st batch of charging clips from detector doodads and it broke the 1st time I used it. Don replaced w/ an updated style and so far it has worked every time (about a dozen times). The wife and I have 3 Deus' and 5 coils between us and it works on all 5 coils. If this one continues to work for us I'll buy another for the winter season.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3. Larger frequency shift range for EMI. Many places I search at have issues with powerlines and EMI.

FWIW - Not sure freq shift would help if you could not find one of the four operating frequencies w/o interference unless you were forced to use a single frequency (e.g. 18khz becsuse you were searching specifically for small mid conductors). 8 and 12 khz have nearly identical performance so are basically interchangeable so if one is chatty likely the other is not and 4 khz is always another option though freq shift is not an avail and TX power is locked.

I do not think I have ever used freq shift, primarily because I have been successful just changing to a different frequency but also because I don't like that TX Power is locked in freq shift mode.

Last edited:

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
If I was King of the World, I would dissolve that unholy matrimony between Reactivity and Silencer. Every now and then I still will tweak Reactivity and forget to put Silencer where I want it to be. I know I shouldn't blame XP for my memory lapses but it irks me to no end that they think they know where I want my Silencer settings at.

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have only recently been trying to wean myself from TID Normalization because I wanted to use frequency shifting to help ID bottlecaps and such. But to do so, I either need to create another program with all the same settings aside for frequency, or push several buttons to change the frequency, then change it back. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to toggle freq with just one button?

Ok,

Just two
1) I never use the pinpoint button. Just too many button pushes for every target I dig. I just use the wiggle back technique
SOI've always thought I'd be nice to be able to assign the pinpoint button what ever custom program you want.
I'd even prefer it to be monetary button push.
I'd load my custom program using 4K with I'd norm off.
That way with quick push of the pinpointer button I would check bottle caps/ listen in lower frequency from any program.
You Don't want this?
You love the pinpoint function?
We'll keep it stock.
Id Love to be able to change pinpoint to what ever I want.

The next on my list of things to improve would be able to "hide" programs that I don't want cluttering up my menu.
You know, we could have only the programs we want show up in our "hunt menu" and everything else is opened when we actually want to use "wet beach" or "gold field"

Not asking for much am I?
I really do love my Deus just always room for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FWIW - Not sure freq shift would help if you could not find one of the four operating frequencies w/o interference unless you were forced to use a single frequency (e.g. 18khz becsuse you were searching specifically for small mid conductors). 8 and 12 khz have nearly identical performance so are basically interchangeable so if one is chatty likely the other is not and 4 khz is always another option though freq shift is not an avail and TX power is locked.

I do not think I have ever used freq shift, primarily because I have been successful just changing to a different frequency but also because I don't like that TX Power is locked in freq shift mode.

The most stable was 8Khz, and the freq. shift made it possible to increase sens to 80-85. Originally I could at best set it at 70 or less.
It's an awful place in terms of EMI, but being from the early 1700's, I figure there's gotta be something good there!

tyeehunter

Sep 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish that:
the remote had volume control..

the deep program in V4 was the same as the deep in beta 18.

my hf coils workmanship didn't look like such a rush job.

there were inch on cm marks on the side of the MI 6, and

the MI 6 had it's serial number written down somewhere on it.

Oh yeah I wish I could link the go detect app that I bought a year or so ago would link to my Deus..

Besides that I am pretty happy :)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

tyeehunter

Sep 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed with ground balance tracking plus and minus.
Reactivity adjustments changing the silencer settings.
Not exactly the Deus, but I think they missed an opportunity of having the pin pointer sound out the actual tone that it is detecting.
Better timing on updates as vs 4.0 was supposed to be released a year ago.
I know the Deus is a tone machine but maybe TID readings on deeper targets?

I wish that:
the remote had volume control..

the deep program in V4 was the same as the deep in beta 18.

my hf coils workmanship didn't look like such a rush job.

there were inch or cm marks on the side of the MI 6, and

the MI 6 had it's serial number written down somewhere on it.

Oh yeah I wish I could link the go detect app that I bought a year or so ago would link to my Deus..

Besides that I am pretty happy :)

OP
OP
Rothman

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your Deus is chattering then turn the sensitivity down or try another frequency:dontknow: This machine will still easily hit coin size objects at 10" with reactivity on 2(silencer-1) and sensitivity at 80 in good ground. I see no need to crank sensitivity above 90

I've run sens down to the 70's to mitigate chatter. I run a huge ground notch which helps tremendously. I have tried changing freqs. There are certain areas where she just won't quiet down n o matter what you tweak. It's not EMI, I usually hunt WAY out in the country away from everything including powerlines. Sure, she pulls finds like nothing else but the chatter is an annoyance.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As far as chatter, there can be a big difference between similar coils. My original Deus came w/ an 11" coil and i wanted a 9" for getting between stalks so bought one on ebay. That 9" is REALLY chatty but I got used to it. Fast forward a season and my wife and I wanted a back up unit since sometimes, for whatever reason, a charge doesn't "take" on a coil (don't know why) plus we might need a spare anyway. So I picked up a used unit w/ 9" coil on ebay. One day my 9" coil didnt take a charge and I decided to put the back- up 9" coil serial number into my Deus. Completely quiet unit now. This 9" coil stays on my unit and the chatty coil is now the back up. There is such a huge difference between the coils stability that I thought maybe the quiet one was faulty or inferior. Its not. In fact, I think it might even be better and go deeper because I can jack it w/ settings the chatty coil just can't take.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok,

Just two
1) I never use the pinpoint button. Just too many button pushes for every target I dig. I just use the wiggle back technique
SOI've always thought I'd be nice to be able to assign the pinpoint button what ever custom program you want.
I'd even prefer it to be monetary button push.
I'd load my custom program using 4K with I'd norm off.
That way with quick push of the pinpointer button I would check bottle caps/ listen in lower frequency from any program.
You Don't want this?
You love the pinpoint function?
We'll keep it stock.
Id Love to be able to change pinpoint to what ever I want.

The next on my list of things to improve would be able to "hide" programs that I don't want cluttering up my menu.
You know, we could have only the programs we want show up in our "hunt menu" and everything else is opened when we actually want to use "wet beach" or "gold field"

Not asking for much am I?
I really do love my Deus just always room for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, about all I use the pinpoint mode for these days is to check how large a target is, and even that, rarely.

I would love to be able to clear out the stock programs. They're there for beginners, and that's fine, but now that I know what I want, I no longer need them.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't really have any issues with my Deus... It works great!
You guys do have some good suggestions and maybe they will be incorporated sometime down the road.
Would like to see the ability to program from your PC. Those darn buttons are a bit awkward. Plus this would make sharing custom progs easier.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've run sens down to the 70's to mitigate chatter. I run a huge ground notch which helps tremendously. I have tried changing freqs. There are certain areas where she just won't quiet down n o matter what you tweak. It's not EMI, I usually hunt WAY out in the country away from everything including powerlines. Sure, she pulls finds like nothing else but the chatter is an annoyance.

As far as chatter, there can be a big difference between similar coils. My original Deus came w/ an 11" coil and i wanted a 9" for getting between stalks so bought one on ebay. That 9" is REALLY chatty but I got used to it. Fast forward a season and my wife and I wanted a back up unit since sometimes, for whatever reason, a charge doesn't "take" on a coil (don't know why) plus we might need a spare anyway. So I picked up a used unit w/ 9" coil on ebay. One day my 9" coil didnt take a charge and I decided to put the back- up 9" coil serial number into my Deus. Completely quiet unit now. This 9" coil stays on my unit and the chatty coil is now the back up. There is such a huge difference between the coils stability that I thought maybe the quiet one was faulty or inferior. Its not. In fact, I think it might even be better and go deeper because I can jack it w/ settings the chatty coil just can't take.

Well I guess I got a non-chatty 11" coil. In areas with no EMI, I can jack sensitivity to 92 with no chatter. I hunt in zero disc 99% of the time so Im use to the machine talking to me anyway.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I really dislike they provide a headphone jack on the controller with no freakin' way to adjust the volume level. How hard can that be? Come on!

I dislike how sometimes when I wiggle-off to pinpoint, bringing the coil towards me over ground already covered, and it just keeps on providing a tone unlimited in length until I do a full sweep to snap the Deus out of it.. I know that penny isn't 3 feet long, and I just covered that ground without a peep before wiggling off backwards. Come on!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agreed on the volume setting!

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I though about getting a Dues
. After watching some of the videos out there i changed my mind.
To me it would be a good field hunting machine and not so good at trash infested parks.
I have seen a lot of Dues detectors coming up for sale.
Now i have used a few detectors and i woulds say he Minlab E-Trac is the best and the whites DFX second.
Once you detect with the E-Trac you can tell most of the trash from the good finds without digging all the trash.
I go over hundreds of targets an hour and only dig the good stuff.

mstreenz

Apr 30, 2017
Downs, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, AT Pro, GTI 1500, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I though about getting a Dues
. After watching some of the videos out there i changed my mind.
To me it would be a good field hunting machine and not so good at trash infested parks.
I have seen a lot of Dues detectors coming up for sale.
Now i have used a few detectors and i woulds say he Minlab E-Trac is the best and the whites DFX second.
Once you detect with the E-Trac you can tell most of the trash from the good finds without digging all the trash.
I go over hundreds of targets an hour and only dig the good stuff.

I have used many machines over the years including the E-Trac. In fact, I've went back to sights that I hunted with the E-Trac and cleaned house with the Deus. If you are only digging "good stuff" then your missing good targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread