Think this will work?

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

I'm bored and thinking about making a dredge nozzle/setup a little bit different than usual. Not sure if it will work but I'm going to find out!

The picture below shows what I have in mind.

There will be a 3" hose from a 4" pump to the J-Pipe that will be used as the jet. The suction nozzle is also 3" The 4" pump can do 427 gpm.

I plan on putting 2 jet nozzles outside the intake on the suction nozzle. http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=204597887&sellerid=33529263

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• dredge-setup.jpg
    dredge-setup.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,616

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: When LL freezes over. In over 40 years a dredging and 55+ years a mining I've seen dozens tried and NEVER seen a single goldfarb work in dual headed dragons. PSI rules the dredging world as jets restrict flow and mandate MUCH more psi to fly-John

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoser John said:
:tongue3: When LL freezes over. In over 40 years a dredging and 55+ years a mining I've seen dozens tried and NEVER seen a single goldfarb work in dual headed dragons. PSI rules the dredging world as jets restrict flow and mandate MUCH more psi to fly-John
WOW John. You said LOADS in a short post. I'm paying more attention to your posts! Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
nickmarch

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:

As far as jets go: http://www.vortexdredge.com/products-dredge-jetter-kit.html

As I said... I'm going to use a 4" 427gpm pump a 3" dredge needs less than 200gpm.

godigit1

Greenie
Jan 12, 2011
Placerville CA
Detector(s) used
New Gold bug Minelab Sd 2200v2 Tersoro Sand Shark Whites Gm 3
I know what your trying to do but in my opinion adding another hose just complicates things. Some time back a jet was produced called the couple jet. it is mounted on the dredge and all you deal with is the suction hose. I have a 2 1/2" and its super powerful. The guy who invented them. (GOLD DIVERS DREDGES) used to be in Carson Nevada said it would suck a 8 ounce weight straight up a 100 foot hose.
Some thing too look at anyway if your bored.2
Sold For: or Sign In to see what it's worth.
Sold Date: 09/16/2007
Channel: Online Auction
Source: eBay
Category: Tools
Used 6" Gold Divers Couple Jet. This unit is in excellent condition. I completely disassembled, inspected and cleaned the jet. Thought by many professional dredgers to be the best jet assembly ever made. The couple jet is adjustable for any engine, pump combination. It only requires losing 2 adjuster nuts and moving the barrel in or out until you achieve the maximum pressure. It's 360 dregs. inlet provides unbelievable suction and will smooth out the jet flow to reduce plug ups. The way these units were made, the 2 barrel parts are almost the only ware items. These are available from pipe suppliers. The large cast aluminum main body should last a lifetime if you don't drop it out of your truck. These jets haven't been in production for several years and even when they were very few of the big 6" units were ever sold due to the high price. A complete Couple Jet unit sold for over $1,000.00 from some dredge shops. This one is as good as new, with only slight rust on the barrels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions