Think Warm!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For all you watching the snow fall. A nice warm summertime shot for you. This was my IMG959207.jpg first pan with gold at the South Yuba Hwy 49

Upvote 0

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BRRRRRRRR! Too cold up here to think warm. Got the heat lamp on behind the Sat dish, Firebox full, generator gased up, and makin hourly trips out to the awnings to keep the snow knocked down- "LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!" Homemade Woodstove Chili coming up tomorrow!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Too Late! I went out to run some materials this morning and had to thaw out the sluice. Once I got it going I ended up getting some pretty good gold today. Water was cold so I wasn't moving fast and only did about 4 buckets worth but got about 3 grains worth out of the cleanup so far. Still have one more set of mats to do but I ran out of light.

BTW Aufisher......I'm glad I had my sunglasses handy when I saw that pic. Positively BLINDING!!!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cold gold is best ha! Had to break the ice with my rock pick to get my biggest pieces.

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck I'd freeze my tail off in the middle of the summer dressed like that! Wow I can't even imagine getting to mine in weather like that. Lucky!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Highs here have been in the mid-20º range, and down to 15º currently.
Got the miller table running right behind me, a space heater at my feet,
computer + HD TV..I'm set for winter..
moose.gif

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't feel bad Aufisher, between my 1/2 bald, 1/2 white haired head, and extremely fair complexion, he'd need a welding hood! LOL

Well as the user name says... I'm IRISH! By the end of the winter I pretty much glow in the dark because I'm so white. I'd never be able to do any "mid-night mining" in Calif because I'd stand out like a lighthouse.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as the user name says... I'm IRISH! By the end of the winter I pretty much glow in the dark because I'm so white. I'd never be able to do any "mid-night mining" in Calif because I'd stand out like a lighthouse.

Does that mean we could use you as a lantern then, Jeff?!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More balding miners! I am in good company!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^^ lol I'm only 29 and already look like mr. Potato head so don't feel bad, at least the ladies dig it haha. Here's what I'm waking up to in pville a solid six inches, I'm ready for it to melt, at least it should get the seasonal creeks flowing! image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang! I bet you will still go out. Time to feed the Bazooka!

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea my heart tells me go but the wife tells me no, too cold to sleep in the dog house tonight! Bazooka is definitely hungry, had to throw it in the closet don't want to look at it. Hate to break my 6 Saturday digging streak but is what it is, better safe then sorry!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's ok there is always Sunday gold to be found!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a dusting of snow & ice hit here overnight after Mid 60's thursday.
Tomorrow night we are supposed to get hammered By Ice :(

Thanks for the summertime Shot. Hopefully We get an early Spring here

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aw geez, is winter ever gonna end? I can't take it anymore! LOL. Forget all that Woodstove Chili, let it snow, let it snow BS I was spewing earlier. Went out to plow our road and driveway -Tractor broke a belt, been outside crawling around in the snow trying to get it tore apart all morning. Taking a break waiting on parts to get here, then back at it. Let it snow my azz, what was I thinking?

mtau

Mar 21, 2013
MT
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20 below with a chill factor of -40. No placer mining here for the rest of this year, but looking forward to next April.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mtau, -40 OUCH! Maybe Hangtowndiggins will share some of his chilli with you as -40 is Chilli Weather.

I love the picture of the snow! In fact, I love winter. Time for cross country skiing with only a 60 lb pack. Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells................63bkpkr

Good night Johnboy --

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mtau, -40 OUCH! Maybe Hangtowndiggins will share some of his chilli with you as -40 is Chilli Weather. I love the picture of the snow! In fact, I love winter. Time for cross country skiing with only a 60 lb pack. Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells................63bkpkr Good night Johnboy --

Good night Johnboy --
Nigh Ma, night Pa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread