Thinking about a seeded hunt on my property...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for some input here: I havve a 2.5 acre open field that is kept mowed that i was thinking of putting on a seeded hunt in. My question is with a smaller area like this, how many people would be too many....and then how many targets should be planted to make it an enjoyable experience for all? I was thinking common targets like Mercs, indians, buffalos, silver quarters, etc. and then some tokens good for prizes, etc. I know that the entry fee will be determined by the number of targets, prizes and the number of people....so lets here your ideas. I would like to keep entry fee as low as possible and am not looking to profit on this.

Upvote 0

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only been to one seeded hunt (club hunt). It cost $25.00 to enter, the prizes were made up of entry fee PLUS extra money raised by the club during the year... raffles etc. The picture is of the finds from the day. Tokens with numbers on them were used for the nicer coins.

In general, I would say that there needs to be at least 25 coins/targets per person.

TNet member, Mangum, organized the club hunt. You might want to PM him.

GL&HH!

Attachments

• IMG_20141011_155542_180-1.jpg
    IMG_20141011_155542_180-1.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you should move closer to me so I can come! Sounds like a blast.

OP
OP
DiggerinVA

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input guys.....after talking with some buddies we may make it a youth hunt and limit it to 20 entries. $40 for entry fee that would give us $800 for targets and prizes.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make SURE you get an insurance policy for the event!!!! Never put your property or life savings at risk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread