thinking abt a new coil for mxt

kakcsdad

Feb 5, 2007
cantonment, florida (pensacola)
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT stock and 5.3 coil
thanks to the craps tables in biloxi ms i am thinking abt getting a new coil for my mxt. i hv the 5.3 and stock 9.5 coil and was thinking abt maybe getting one of the dd or other elliptical coils. what do you recommend? i do abt all of my hunting with my 5.3 in relic modeas i like the tone diff so i can decide what to dig. i live in nw fla and soil is pretty mineralized. looking for more trash separation along without losing depth.
any help is appreciated
thanks

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd recommend the DD6x10 over the DD4x6. It covers a little more ground at each swing, gets a little more depth, and believe it or not still separates out the trashy areas very good. I totally gave up my other coils (DD8x14, 9.5, 5.3) and use the 6x10 on my dfx exclusively. My bro in law has a mxt and he won't use any thing other than the DD6x10. Pinpointing with the 6x10 and all the elliptical coils takes a little learning but is easily mastered. The used ones are hard to come by which indicates the big demand. Keep looking and a good used one will run $100 plus or minus. Hope this helps.

HH, Good Luck

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
6X9DD or 6X10 which ever you prefer to call it. It will probably stay on your machine most of the time once you use it because it is a great seperator and still allows you to cover ground.

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
I used the 6x9 for quite a while. I replaced it with the 10"DD excelerator coil and haven't changed back.

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I have a 4x6 6x10 & just picked up a super 12, I have not had much of a chance to try the 12 yet but what I have used it I think I will like it for larger areas & those areas that I have hunted out with the other coils. The 6x10 is a great coil for over all hunting but can't hold up against the 4x6 in trash. I have hunted old dumps with both & where the 6x10 even in discrimination mode would not pick up a good signal. When I changed to the 4x6 I recovered 8 wheat's & a barber dime from the same area.

The 4x6 is good for about 6" of depth where the 6x10 is good for 8 to 10" hoping the 12" will get me below 12" Hope this helps & I guess it all comes down to what you want & where you are going to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread