Thinking of buying this and would like a 2nd opinion on value. Thank you.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum here but i thought I'd give it a shot and see if I could get any info on these silver belts. They are antiques but that's about as much as I know. Anything is greatly accepted and appreciated.
Thanks,
Zac View attachment 1539747 View attachment 1539749

Welcome to our forum.

Glad you’re here.

As mentioned by Davers post your question in the What is it? Section of the forum and many eager members will jump to help

HERE ——>>>>>> What Is It?

636BA271-B9E4-40CC-B730-811DF17AA3B9.jpeg

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth 123
As you likely know by now I trust No-Body but My 'Late' Mother.

If you got the funds & the Patience to do a return if you have to ,go for it ...I would not tho.

Unless I could handle loosing the $.

As for the Magnet test , a funny thing is at my Coin Shop they can take a 'Strong' magnet , put a Morgan Dollar on the Glass top then put the magnet on the Glass underneath the Silver Dollar ; slide it around & it will move the Dollar.???

Maybe Something in the Glass or maybe a .small, percentage of Nickel in the Coin. IDK

Also it seem's Stainless , Gold & Old Silver make for a strange combo.

GL on your decision.
Davers

Davers, I remember doing some research several years ago on cheap ways to avoid buying fake silver coins. The Chinese sites sell fake American coins that will pass the magnet, weight, size tests. One of the things they discussed was the fact that Silver has "a reaction" to a magnet even though it's not "magnetic". I don't remember the details but they said a good test was to get a thin flat surface (nonmagnetic) and put it at an angle. Let a coin slide down it freely. Then place a strong magnet behind the angled object and slide the coin. The coin will slide noticeably slower because of the reaction it is having with the magnet. I'm not doing a great job of explaining but if anyone is interested, I know there are some you tube videos. Go check them out.

OO

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after making my comment about silver's relationship to a magnet, I had to go look at you tube. I actually found a video that shows an even easier way to check. In this video, they just hold the coin at a 45 degree angle and slide a small, strong magnet down it. I LOVE this because I can just take the small strong magnet with me, an example of the "real deal", and a scale, and I should be able to sniff out any fake junk silver or common bullion. The following is the name of the video I watched: How To Test Silver or Gold | Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets

*Note - other non-magnetic metals can have a relationship with a magnet too but they will slide at a different speed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread