"thinking of flying to Portland Maine , this early November .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been there & wanna see that part of the country .

I'd love to do a hunt while there but don't know anyone who lives there .

Detecting would be my secondary reason for going ( but I know i'd kick myself if I did not bring my machine ) .

Would this be a good time of year to go to Maine or around Portland , would snow be an issue ? ( I know that's a tuff ? to answer ) .

I just need an exit from here , if even for 3-4 days .

Thanks for ant opinions .
Davers :thumbsup:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early November, maybe a dusting. It generally doesn't get a lot until later. Watch the weather. In Oxford County, less than an hour from Portland is some historic mineral collecting. Gem tourmalines, apatites, some places are free others charge you. If you want info let me know and I"ll look it up.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early November, maybe a dusting. It generally doesn't get a lot until later. Watch the weather. In Oxford County, less than an hour from Portland is some historic mineral collecting. Gem tourmalines, apatites, some places are free others charge you. If you want info let me know and I"ll look it up.

Thanks smokey , my trip would be a mental get-away , there is just too much stress around this house , I know that I cause a-lot of it (or so they say :tongue3: ).

The Mineral thing sounds interesting & would give me something to do , I really just want to see this part of the country , I need to plan better ...I may just drive up & see things along the way (if I make it that far North ) as the flight including car 'was' under $600 , I also love to fly & have not flown since 1998. + If I drove I could have my detector at hand .

I've only been North of Gatlingberg TN 2 times since I was 18 & that was to Cleveland OH & I went to DC , Philly when I was 9 so I don't recall it that much .

Ill do some thinking & if I decide to go Ill let you know & get the links for the Gem mining .

Thanks for your reply & hope you are well these days & liking the chill in the air.
Davers

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to visit the frequently when friend worked for a company up there. If you have the time hit the main drag by the waterfront. There was a bar there called the Seaman’s Club. If you went up stairs to eat at the head of the stairs was a bookcase that if touched a certain way woul pull back and reveal another room. ( which was now used as an overflow dinn g room ). But was
Originally used as a secret place to hide slaves and Shanghaied sailors. Across the street is the Casco bay ferry that traveled daily to the gulf of Maine islands to drop off mail and supplies to the small island stores. Not sure where your heading from but flying into Boston was cheaper than Portland and is about a 2 hour or so drive. Go up highway one you will pass through a lot of old towns and grea junk stores. Have fun

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you have given it any thought but, the election is in that time frame and it may cause some commotion depending on who wins it. I am not making this a political post just giving you something to think about. On a plus side November is after the peak fall color season so places to stay shouldn't be crowded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread