thinking of getting the new garrett--how many others

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a tejon but want a backup and was thinking of the cibola again but changed my mind and will order one of the new garretts. How many others are thinking of it.
It's not going to replace the F75 or anything like that but it would be nice to have something new and light.
dfg4240

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever used a Garrett? If a Tejon was my main unit and I switched to Garrett having never used one, I don't think I'd like it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a garret there decent my grandmaster hunter CX nailed a wheety at 5 inches and loved it just one of those beep soil and smooth. The same baseball field this year, with my MXT, I hit a 1944 quarter that too had nice hitting sound and had to be 8 inches down. my gta 400 hits pretty hard on coins 6 to 7 inches. Garrets screens are pretty cheap they don't read out like a high end White's or put it this way, there screen are like any prizm model with fix insignias on the face.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love Garrett products. I just wish they would come up with a new design to make them lighter. I had the 2500 and with my back problems just wore myself out in no time. Monty

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I love Garrett products. I just wish they would come up with a new design to make them lighter. I had the 2500 and with my back problems just wore myself out in no time. Monty

You should have went with a 1500 to start to save the weight. Same detector in disc. mode.

You wouldn't want to swing my beast.... especially before when it had the sunray stand, probe, and heavy duty metal arm cuff. Always took me several hunts to get used to it each Spring.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I had two garrets. My CX III was good up to about 5 inches. The Ace 250 went much deeper, but missed a lot of small buttons.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I caught the 2500 on sale and I was looking for a top of the line detector. But it wasn't all that great for depth. About six inches was all I could get on a coin sized object. I often hunt club hunts with planted targets and in the "deep" hunt was not able to compete with the Whites and Minelabs. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread