Thinking of Our Soldiers

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
We have several Tnet members who are serving in the military..... And there are a few more that will soon be deployed.
I would like to ask each of us to please keep these wonderful men and women and their families in our thoughts and prayers.

Dear Lord,
As the sun sets on another day, Glowing softly in the west,
Please set a special place aside for our wonderful country's best.
For the selfless men and women who knowingly give their all...
Who stand guard 'round our banner...and shall never let it fall.
They leave behind both spouse and child to protect and preserve our land,
They leave behind both hearth and home in service great and grand.
They endure heartache and hardship for an occasional word from home,
They endure sharp criticisms, and they often feel alone.
But Lord, please touch their souls tonight, somehow let them know we care,
That we're standing right behind them, even when they're "Over There".
And Lord if they're wet and cold in the darkness of a wild and rolling sea,
Or sweltering in the desert sands, and waiting patiently...
If they're soaring through the silver clouds, or standing guard out in the rain,
If they're laughing, living, loving...or in quiet, heartfelt pain.
Please, Lord tonight embrace them, Soldiers, Sailors one and all,
For they dearly love their country, and they daily give their all
For the young airman away from home, for the first time in his life,
And the officer far away, from his children and his wife.
To the women dressed in olive drab instead of skirts or jeans,
Because when you say "Patriot"...they can tell you what it means.
And Lord, if before this night is through, Heaven's Gate should open wide,
And a soldier, airman, sailor or marine should step inside,
If he straightens to attention with a clicking of his boot,
And proudly states his presence with a textbook sharp salute,
Embrace him, Lord...and love him...in Your great and perfect way
For he was one of the best, dear Lord...the Pride of the USA.
Written by David W.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
To all our troops, thank you. You, and your families, are in my nightly prayers.

God Bless,
Pepper

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
Great Idea Gypsy. Kind of you to start this topic. My little Bro who just turned 25 in December, is an Army Sgt. Dad,and Husband:) with two sons-2months and a 2yr old. He has been to Afghanistan and Iraq. Been stationed in Alaska ,and currently Germany,but they are back to Alaska in October. They love it there. He plans to make a career out of the Army. Not bad for a boy who grew up in a town with one redlight. I am so proud of him and all of our troops. Since you have a poem for the troops I thought I would throw one in for the Wives/Husbands:

Ten Commandments for Military Wives
Thou shalt not write in ink in thy address book.
Thou shalt not covet choice assignments or other branches of service.
Love thy neighboor ('tis easier if thou livest on a corner).
Honor thy Commissary and Exchange as long as they both shall live.
Thou shalt not ridicule a local politician, for mightly senator's from local politician's grow.
Thou shalt look for the best in every assignment even though the best may be "Most Childhood Diseases in One Year" or "Record Snow in One Months Time".
Thou shall remember all thy friends from all thy assignments with greetings at Christmas, for thou never knowest when thou may wish to spendeth a night with them while enroute to a new post.
Be kind and gentle to retired, white-haired Exchange and Commissary costumers, because thou too will be a retiree someday.
Thou shalt not curse thy husband when he is TDY on moving day.
Thou must never arrive at a new post and constantly brag about your last post.

Attachments

• 786422895111_0_BG.jpg
    786422895111_0_BG.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 289

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Gypsy....just yesterday, while researching some old newspapers, I ran across this article...I thought it was nice and hope you don't mind if I place it here on your thread.

God Bless all of our Men and Women, who so bravely continue to protect, defend and serve!!!
Annmarie

PS: the last line, where is says FRANCE, can be changed to IRAQ! (it stills rhymes)

Attachments

• the service flag 1a.jpg
    the service flag 1a.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 340

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Thanks Gypsy, I know it's from your heart. My former S.S. Teacher, Maj. R. C. Zindell III, was deployed to Iraq in 2006. Just prior to deployment, he and and his wife lost twins prior to their birth. While in Iraq, he left behind a wife, a daughter and two sons. Recently, he returned from Iraq a few weeks early because of the loss of a younger brother here in the U.S. This past Sunday, he delivered a very powerful message in the A.M. Service. I don't think that there was a dry eye in the auditorium as he related how God had intervened in so many different situations. If anyone is interested in the CD from the A.M. Service, I will mail them one. Just send me a PM. Let's pledge to continue to pray daily for our U.S. Service men and women and that someday that they will be re-united with their families. Thanks, RuffandTuff.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Gypsyheart,

Having 4 members of our family and 3 very good friends deployed, I hope you don't mind, but I have sent them each a copy of your tribute. Especially since they just went through a tough holiday season away from home.

B

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pray for our service people every night with out fail, we have a cousin our daughter age he has 3 kids a few months apart in age from our grandkids, He will be going on his third trip over there this month, I pray everynight for all our service people to come home safely and soon to their families and for the safety of their families. That I added a couple of years ago when a young man was about 4 days away from comming home when his ex's boyfriend with her beat his 4 year old little girl to death. I pray that the family will be safe while they are away!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Gypsy. That's a lovely prayer. There's not a day that goes by without me stopping and taking a moment to say a little prayer for all our men and women in the armed forces. God Bless Our Troops

MilitaryPrayerHeading1.jpg

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
The Soldiers are always in my thoughts. I served 8 years; and though I didn't have to fight a war...there is a bond that will always be there. God Bless our Troops!

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
They always have my prayers, being a life long member these young men and women make me so proud of them. Everytime I hear folks saying all the kids of today in a negative way, I quickly remind them of who do they think is protecting us now and serving so highly. I knew when I walked down and gave probably my last salute in uniform that the men and women I left it with would still carry the torch high and bright. We are blessed by them.
I wish to thank the vet of Vietnam, for us of the Gulf Wars era battles say thank you too for your sacrifice and hardships ensured our success in our own fight and battles.

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
I know I speak for the Troops when I say thank you all for your support :thumbsup:
I was in Iraq in 2005 I was a MP at Abu Ghraib prison "after the pic"
thank you

DEEPDIGGEREXPII

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gypsy Heart.... We have had a couple of days of down time, and I have been catching up on old posts ( now that we have internet....sometimes :D) I just saw your post, and as a deployed Soldier, and a TNetter, Thank you......

Attachments

• Copy of patrol.jpg
    Copy of patrol.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 210

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you arestill on line soooooooo I will take the chance to tell you and everyone there a big.....

THANK YOU!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
To all of our brave men and women of this and past conflicts, Thank you for defending this great land of ours. Thank you for all that you do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread