third time out still learning

welshman

Greenie
Dec 31, 2005
north devon uk
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250
found a wing nut and a piece of rusty sheet metal about 6 inches down with no discrimination it really is about getting to know your hobby before you start and i think and i will be wearing the big red L for some time i think

thank you to all who have helped and offered advice and i hope i will be in the position to do the same for some one else.

Keith.

Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I would suggest is read the directions that come with the detector and study the depth settings and then practice , practice thats one way you will get to know the machine........Seeker

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make a mental note of each find. 1. sound, 2. meter reading, 3. depth, and 4. result. That's the simplified verson. That way you will pick up tendencies. Burdie

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no need to practice trail and error. Check out the web site for the brand of detector you have for the manual. Let us know what brand your using and the people here will be glad to help.

One tip is to find a clean piece of grund and lay some targets down about a foot away from each other and slowly swing the coil over each and then faster to see how the detector acts. Play this way with the knobs too an learn how it responses. ;D

Good Luck,

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread