Third time out with the 250

cactus kev

Greenie
Mar 28, 2007
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
Got out a little thursday, kinda slow day.found this vaccination tag dated 1965.Also an old button, looks like it came from a coat the other thing in the picture is a screw on cleat from an athletic shoe.But the coolest find was this old 22 cal. saturday night special my son found in the woods behind our house this morning while I was at work . It must have belong to the people that lived here about thirty years ago in the house that was torn down .Its bent like maybe it got run over by the tractor also its missing the hammer the date stamped on it is 1960.he was proud of it and couldnt wait for me to get home so he could show me. well heres the pics........ Happy hunting everyone

Attachments

• vaccine tag &screw on cleet  &coat button.jpg
    vaccine tag &screw on cleet &coat button.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 620
  • 1965 rabies shot tag and collar buckle.jpg
    1965 rabies shot tag and collar buckle.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 611
  • old gun my son found in the woods behind our house.jpg
    old gun my son found in the woods behind our house.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 616
  • the gun is stamped 1960.jpg
    the gun is stamped 1960.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, like the tag and really like the gun. Looks like your gonna have to buy the son his own detector. LOL

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
cactus kev

cactus kev

Greenie
Mar 28, 2007
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
ringfinder said:
Nice finds, like the tag and really like the gun. Looks like your gonna have to buy the son his own detector. LOL

HH, Ringfinder

Yes he will be needing one soon he really likes the hobbie and I need mine for myself...lol
but ill share till he gets one

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat gun...congrats to your son! Nice dog tag, too.

How is your pinpointing going with your Ace? We've had ours about a month and still struggle with it.

HH

OP
OP
cactus kev

cactus kev

Greenie
Mar 28, 2007
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
Michiganne said:
Neat gun...congrats to your son! Nice dog tag, too.

How is your pinpointing going with your Ace? We've had ours about a month and still struggle with it.

HH
Getting a lot better at first i would somtimes miss by 5 or 6 inches now i usually get within an inch or two of the target unless there are multiple targets close together.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
I'd LOVE to find a handgun! ( A real one).

Very cool!

Ridley

T

treefan

Ya never know........ This gun could have been buried to hide evidence of a crime?

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I work with a guy who found a gun while leveling out an area for his new pool. The knuckle head thew it away.........no telling what he had. ::)

Ima

OP
OP
cactus kev

cactus kev

Greenie
Mar 28, 2007
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
treefan said:
Ya never know........ This gun could have been buried to hide evidence of a crime?

I might think so too, but the gun is missing parts that it would need to operate plus its about the cheapest gun you could buy also it is almost broke in half.

Two Dogs

Aug 24, 2005
York, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Various models of White and Garrett
Your neat pistol find brought back memories of days gone by. Several friends and I had similar pistols that we purchased via mail order in the mid to late 50's. One had to send money of course and a signed statement that you were over 21 years of age. The signed statement was never checked so we were good to go when the mail man delivered our revolvers. They were endless fun but so poorly made that the cylinder didn't exactly line up with the barrel and when fired would spray lead splinters out the side. We quickly learned to stand away from the fellow shooting. We all survived and had tons of fun shooting targets and tin cans. What a blast!!. Great find! Two Dogs

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Neat! To get a little closer on the target, some one told me to put a quarter on the ground, swing the coil over it to see where it hits, use the pinpoint and do the same thing. Helped me alot. I'm not quite exact but better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread