SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of years ago, my younger brother got a summer job with the county parks department. He was assigned to do maintenance and clean-up of each of the parks. His first day on the job, he's raking the grounds next to a beach and finds an 1821 LC! He tells me where the park is and the approximate location where he found it. So I get to the park the next Saturday morning just at sun-up figuring I'll have the place to my self.

I pull into the parking lot and there's two cars there, I figure they are probably some fisherman. As I walk down to the beach area and turn on my detector, I hear some screaming even though I have on my headphones. I look out into the lake and here's two young couples skinny-dipping and racing out of the lake towards me. They yell, "We thought you were going to shock the lake"! I said "No, but you guys sure shocked me". Never quite got into my metal detecting zen mode that day.

Now my brother tells me about another park that I figure I'll try the next Saturday. I get there at sun-up and there's no cars in the parking lot this time. Perfect! As I walk down to the check-out the park I see there's a paved biking trail that surrounds the entire park and in the distance I see some people biking on the path. I turn on my detector and see that the bikers are approaching me. They are riding one of those tandem bikes and it's an older couple. Unfortunately, the couple is only wearing shoes and a smile. I just shake my head and start to think my detector must have some other bizarre function that draws these people to it.

Later that week, my brother talks about another park and I tell him there's no way I want to see what's going to happen there when I turn on my detector!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one bodacious story you posted and it got my full attention - anyway thanks for the post & welcome to TNET.

Texas ED

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That's funny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread