Thirty Cent Weekend

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get out this Sat. with Carolina Tom. We had been invited to hunt my in-laws 1907 house - about an hours drive south. I wasn't very excited since my brother in law had told me on my first visit that he had previously allowed two other detectorists to hunt there on separate occasions and I had gone on to spend approx. 10-12 hours hunting there with very little reward for my effort. On this Sat. however my very first dig yielded a sweet 1956 Rosie in the front yard - a place that I felt sure I had pounded and that those who were there before me would have also. My second target was another surprise when it showed itself to be a 1952d Rosie. Also both were less than 4" deep. So much for "hunted out".

On Sunday I got a late start and really didn't have anyplace to go that excited me and I ended up at my old elementary school. I've hunted there a lot and know at least five other guys who have hit it hard. I hadn't found any silver there previously but I did find my first Indian cent there last year. So Sunday I was surprised when early on I hit a 44p merc. The rest of the hunt turned up nothing but I was very happy with the great Carolina weather and the ability to get out and hunt this time of year.

Also I want to send a big THANKS! to Vino for a special assist this weekend!

ATTACH=CONFIG]1107826[/ATTACH] IMG_1505.jpg IMG_1510.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 94
Upvote 7

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Silver weekend is good in my book. Congrats on finding the goodies the others have missed. I love that more than anything, following/hunting a pounded site and pulling the goodies! WTG

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a silvery weekend. You are all over the silver coins! I think that it is going to be a BIG year for you. GL&HH!

PS: Tell Zeke that I said hi.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, thanks to Vino and his miracle program for the CTX303 Steve has now become a silver finding machine. No telling how much he'll find this year if he spends more time hunting. Congrats on a very productive weekend.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds. I have been thinking about hunting a field and using marking paint since I can't dig, lol. Wonder if it would be there in 2 months?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL..........That little dog hates you, Tom!!!

Smittyman will tell you, that Zeke likes me now. I petted him this weekend, and he didn't bite me! That is a vast improvement from my prior experiences!

Attachments

• IMG_20141219_112444_377-1.jpg
    IMG_20141219_112444_377-1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 63

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great weekend finds

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice silvers! Oddly enough I had a thirty center day myself. 7:30 am to Noon at a local park yielded only 10 pennies and 2 dimes exactly. no silver though, oldest was a '65 so I was close. HH:thumbsup:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys in the queen city are killing the silver! Congrats

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice results there for sure ! Go get a few more - I'm not sure we will ever no why a target does not present itself to a detector one day
and the next it does - there really is a mystery here . i'm positive that on a few occasions I put my search coil over the same spot on
different days - with radically different results .

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice results there for sure ! Go get a few more - I'm not sure we will ever no why a target does not present itself to a detector one day
and the next it does - there really is a mystery here . i'm positive that on a few occasions I put my search coil over the same spot on
different days - with radically different results .

My theory is that several things all going on at the same time determine whether or not you find a target on a given day. First.........ground conditions. I seem to find more shortly after a rain when the ground is moist. Second I think the direction you're walking is a key. Might miss a coin walking left to right, but might find it walking right to left, or top to bottom, or bottom to top. Finally I think your mood has a lot to do with it. If you're relaxed and really paying attention to your machine you tend to hear more then if you're in a bad mood or antsy that day. Could be totally wrong, but that is my humble opinion

OP
OP
smittyman

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with all those things Beez. And I think it's the different combinations of these factors that keep us mystified.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a nice collection of 30 cents, Congratulations on the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions