This a big penny. It seems it would be easier to find then a memorial...

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Hi everybody!!! I dont post my finds much since my digital camera quit working. Posting finds without a pic is like taking a bath without soap imo so I just sit back and look at all the nice finds everyone else posts. (I will get a camera soon though). Thanks to GOIO for taking the pics. They turned out great buddy. Today he and I hit a park in Chicago. Its been hunted pretty hard but we figured what the heck. About 15 minutes into the hunt I got a sweet little signal on my etrac and out popped a barber dime. I was really happy. I told Greg what I found and we kept swinging and diggin. After about an hour of not finding much I got a broken 10-47 on the etrac at about 6 inches. Woohoo, maybe a quarter. I opened the hole and stuck the probe in. 8-42 was the reading. Well I said a few expletives thinking I had a memorial. I kept digging and out popped this dark disk. It was bigger than a quarter so i was thinking half. The problem was it was dark all over. I thought to myself that is strange, it should show some silver somewhere, until I looked at the front real close and saw the bust of Liberty. I couldnt believe that I had found a large cent. I took it over to Greg smiling. He knew something was up and looked at me like "what did you find this time TMAN?" I showed him the coin and he said half? I said no large cent. He looked at me like I looked at the coin the first time. He went to watch my stuff while I washed it off. It was minted in 1845. It turned out that there was a memorial in the hole too above the large cent. We continued to hunt and I found a merc and an indian along with some other stuff. I told him that all I needed was the flying cent and I would have the grand slam of pennies but it wasnt meant to be this time. We had a good day overall and as always it is good to get out with my hunting buddy. Thanks for looking and HH!!!

Attachments

• 081608 finds.jpg
    081608 finds.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 584
  • Large cent b.jpg
    Large cent b.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 582
  • Large cent f.jpg
    Large cent f.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW THATS A GREAT FIND T-MAN WTG WITH THE LARGE CENT!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great hunt nice silver and IH's are always a good find. I love that large cent too.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt buddy, it sure is nice to find an old coppa!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there glad to see people out finding great stuff.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find! You are going to have to dig a lot of pull tabs if you want to dig a Flying Eagle!

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nice I'm hoping I'll find one at the site I'm going back to. It's produced several wheaties and 1 silver.

Happy Hunting
Twin Diggers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread