Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
That sounds like a high frequency sound coming out of that machine, above your own hearing range. In my house in Mexico, I use ultra sound repellent devices, sold by Steren. I get virtually no mice; no rats; no scorpions, if I do see one of these things it is usually near the door, and just sits there waiting for a size 13 shoe to send it to its fate. Maybe one mouse a year, one scorpion every two or three months.

Once a cousin came in the house to ask me for help with something. I put my shoes on and he was horrified that I did not shake them out first. In his house, he has to, I do not.

Anyway, dogs can hear a much higher pitch than you can. Hope this helps.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I've even had dogs react to my detector when I was wearing headphones. Just imagine if someone turned on their detector right next to a busy dog park! Best wishes, George (MN)

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
aa battery said:
went detectin at an old site where 6 dogs followed. My detectors jack is bad so i didnt use headphones. All of a sudden 1 of the dogs started howlin and criyin so i turned it off . The small dog sat there not cryin anymore. :icon_scratch: I then turned it on again and the dog cryed again. Wat the heck made that dog cry? :dontknow:

The dog was afraid you were going to dig up the stuff he buried and tried to distract you.... :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take my little papillion detecting. he has never 'reacted' at all other than try to help me dig sometimes :)

huh interesting reactions

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piegrande said:
That sounds like a high frequency sound coming out of that machine, above your own hearing range. In my house in Mexico, I use ultra sound repellent devices, sold by Steren. I get virtually no mice; no rats; no scorpions, if I do see one of these things it is usually near the door, and just sits there waiting for a size 13 shoe to send it to its fate. Maybe one mouse a year, one scorpion every two or three months.

Once a cousin came in the house to ask me for help with something. I put my shoes on and he was horrified that I did not shake them out first. In his house, he has to, I do not.

wow never before?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George (MN) said:
I've even had dogs react to my detector when I was wearing headphones. Just imagine if someone turned on their detector right next to a busy dog park! Best wishes, George (MN)
yea but why just 1 dog reacted ?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
I take my little papillion detecting. he has never 'reacted' at all other than try to help me dig sometimes :)

huh interesting reactions
Goose-0 said:
Maybe the dogs thought the sound made them sterile.
these dogs are out where nothin goes on so maybe it was the pitch of the noise. :dontknow:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
aa battery said:
piegrande said:

wow never before?

I am sorry, I did not understand the question.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You weren't singing at that moment were you?

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bearbqd said:
You weren't singing at that moment were you?
nope but the dog was female :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread