This evenings find!

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found this 2 hours ago out in the woods in a dried up pond just above a river.
A spot long forgotten that only hunters and my family know about. I use to go this this spot and play as a kid some 30 years ago.
Nice find!

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Upvote 11
OP
OP
K

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Love the finds!!!!!
I know its not a rare find, but I like all coinage pre-WWII and.........of course anything that contains silver!:laughing7:

rlc1940

Sep 21, 2013
Mercs, Rosies ...crawl under my coil all day long!! My 1st silver with my atpro was also a 1911 Barber, a little more worn than yours but I sure enjoyed finding it!

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find, who knew that was buried underneath your feet the whole time when you were a kid.

OP
OP
K

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the posts all! To be honest, i rarely find nice finds like this. I mostly find junk metal. I have recently learned and play by this rule.......pay attention to your display! Unfortunately, I am using a 1994 GTA Ultra 350. All tones the same, so display is critical! I am planning on purchasing a new detector soon. Until then, my 350 will have to do. Even though its almost 20 years old, it still does a good job!

OP
OP
K

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium - You know it!!! The other day found a 1898 & 1904 Indian head about 20 yards from this find. I know there is more coinage there, just cant seem to get enough daylight this time of year after work to spend good quality time there.

OP
OP
K

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RelicPrime113 - I always knew that place was a place that people came to for a very long time. Just didn't realize the potential until i got into this hobby.
What I have learned over the years of detecting is...swinging your arm is only 25% of the game. Research and common sense is 75%! That's the key!

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find! Silver in any condition is a great day, but the better the condition it's in the more you'll get for it rather than it being junk silver.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one great looking coin! I hope you get some quality time soon to return. Good luck on your next trip and thanks for sharing it.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice barber.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the posts all! To be honest, i rarely find nice finds like this. I mostly find junk metal. I have recently learned and play by this rule.......pay attention to your display! Unfortunately, I am using a 1994 GTA Ultra 350. All tones the same, so display is critical! I am planning on purchasing a new detector soon. Until then, my 350 will have to do. Even though its almost 20 years old, it still does a good job!

Make sure you work that pond real slow. And if you get a new detector hunt it again. Dry ponds and lakes are some of the best places to hunt!!!

OP
OP
K

Kibkibble

Oct 6, 2013
Northern WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA Ultra 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok! So I just got back from the woods. Went back to my special pond area, but only had 2 hrs til dark. Over the last couple days been hammering that pond area, but not finding much more after my 1911 Barber, 1898 & 1904 Indian head finds. So, I remember my dad telling me of another pond that he used to take his girl friends to back in the late 50's. Had to hike 1/4 mile from my pond, along the river bench and OMG.....A dream location!!! Overgrown, but searchable! When I reached it it was just about dark and could not detect. Very flat bottom, very dark (black) slightly moist soil. Looks to be 150' x 100' in size. I CANT WAIT TO GET BACK THERE TOMORROW!!! I will take pictures of it tomorrow and post for you all! Hopefully I will be blessed with sum goodies!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread