65.2 KB · Views: 648
Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Yep, Definetly a really old decrative piece that goes around a keyhole, probably to prevent the wood from getting wrecked when people try and put the key in or just for looks, Awesome find!! any markings on it?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Randy....

....I see the bird on top and a squawking bird on each end.... :o

Very neat find!!!

;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure some type of key hole ornament. Tsgman

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I agree with everyone else. Definitely came from an old chest of drawers. I've seen similar ones on my grandma's furniture. Nice find. As far as seeing the angels and bird... kind of like seeing shapes in the clouds when I was a kid. ::)

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
I think I see what you're seeing.... and the bird has two pieces of bread, one under each wing and the angles are protecting four bananas between them. Maybe this is the lock plate to the food pantry! LOL ;D

Merry Christmas Guys!!!

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
If you look at it and think about how I describe it...it looks like a skull. The two eyes and nose at the top, then the up and down slots for the huge gaping mouth with teeth and whatever...it isn't...but it could be! :D

Dirtfishin

Dec 3, 2005
Southern Tier NY (temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace100 (my first one)
White's Surf Pro PI
Nokta Legend
Definately a face plate for a drawer or chest to protect the wood from scratching around the key hole...? The two holes are where you would put the mounting screws.? ?:)

Does look kind of like a skull too... Maybe from some PIRATES! (let the imagination run wild)

Very Nice? ;D

Kat

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Nice find Randy.

Take a piece of paper and divide the find in half vertically. Fold the right half up from the bottom, fold the left piece right to left vertically, IT'S THE LAST CLUE TO THE DIVENCI CODE. The Holy Grail is in ...ach... getting hard to breath... the Grail is under...everything is getting dark... look beside the ....I'm so cold.......

;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very old hand made ornate piece for a keyhole. Probably carved into a piece of oak wood and poured. Is it brass, probably? The inconsistancies are obviously hand made. I can see the bird and the angels but think they were not intended. Possible if it had a plating though and it does look like a plating was on it. HH and nice find, Mike

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Definetly a key hole escutcheon,and yes I see the skull as well,nice find.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread