This gold cube is AWESOME.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I will admit that I was very nervous on the first use. There I was in camp with my carefully set and balanced cube with four buckets of dredge cons, screened to -8 and ready to go. Scoop after scoop, and bucket after bucket goes down the feed tray. The pile of cons builds and builds underneath it. Damn, look at all that black sand piled there. Is there gold coming out with all that black sand? After I finish feeding all the cons through, I take it apart and there is gold all along the very top edge before the vortex even starts! It was still hard to imagine all that black sand passing through but no gold. I had to do some test pans of the tailings but I didn't find any gold in any of them. That finally had me confident in it's ability.

so instead of bringing home at least a dozen 5 gallon buckets, I have only a few scoops of super cons! It would have taken me weeks (and likely months) to work through all the original cons but the cube ate them in a couple hours total time. I will likely get through the cube cons in a few hours also.

I now LOVE this little peice of equipment! Mike and Red made something really great!

Upvote 0

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wait until you stick a trommel on top of that thing. Wow! So much time saved.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait until you stick a trommel on top of that thing. Wow! So much time saved.

If it weren't so damned expensive! I love the cube, but it's pricey. The trommel topper is even more so. I suppose it I was going to use this as a recovery tool instead of a concentrator then the cost might be more justified. Maybe move to a screen topper later on, but for now it's working OK as is. It just amazes me, that my old concentrator had to be fed with a spoon because if you went too fast, you'd pack it up and lose gold. I know that Mike and Red were testing the design by feeding it with a shovel and had very little loss running that hard.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can feed it 1/2 ton per hour of -8mesh. That's going pretty quick for a small time, artisanal miner.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread