*** This is a first for me! *** Treasure found with 3-Aluminum Cans! ***

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I were doing some sand fishing, came across a rather large target, I figured it was probably buried scrunched up aluminum cans as my detector numbers jumped around a bit, but showed it could be Aluminum, gold

or possibly a whole bunch of nickels (a guy can always hope right?).

I'm glad I upgraded to a better detector recently, because as I slowly moved over the target, I kept getting a solid silver hit. It was a good 8+ inches deep.

Sure enough, about 9" down there's scrunched can #1, then scrunched can #2.....

I re-checked the hole with my detector and I kept getting a silver hit, so I kept digging and right near can #3 was a beauty of a silver ring! (you can see one of the cans in the background.)

2015-09-13 17.25.23.jpg

Some litterbug must have lost the ring while digging a hole for her cans?

I was pleasantly surprised! And I might not over look so many potential aluminum can hits in the future!

Food for thought! Good luck to everyone out there!

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no now pull tabs are gold ring aluminum cans are silver rings I need new knee pads lol great find way to trust your detector

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that the ring dropped first and then the cans helped disguise it so that other hunters simply bypassed the can signals, missing the ring as well. Anyway, beautiful ring and find.

OP
OP
NowandThenTreasures

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that the ring dropped first and then the cans helped disguise it so that other hunters simply bypassed the can signals, missing the ring as well. Anyway, beautiful ring and find.

Yep, I agree Susan! It sure was one of my fun finds this year.

Happy hunting!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beauty of a ring. Surprised it's so clean! At first, I figured this must have been a super recent drop. But then I read 8+ inches? Then I had to RE-READ, that it was Sand. Teach me to look at the picture first and read up backwards. :)

Sure love to find a silver ring with that kind of bling. AWESOME!

_Skippy

OP
OP
NowandThenTreasures

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring cleaned off nicely in the water and yes, looks like a recent drop to me too. I am guessing whoever lost it did so while burying their aluminum cans together on the beach in an 8+" deep hole. I found it it after a huge beach festival. Found many holes to contain many aluminum cans, but this is the first that had a ring along with!
All the best on future hunts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions