This is all new to me!!

Isaiah 45:3

Apr 4, 2017
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I'm a newbie to this and trying to get my head around the Minelab xterra 705 I have. Will be using it to hunt 1870 farm that has recently had multiple outbuildings razed and the bulldozer that dirt spread all over the approx 7 acres I can hunt. Also has orig house and granery still standing - house has brick basement but I wasn't able to hunt the other buildings before they came down. Any suggestions where I should start would be helpful. Thx in advance.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

DirtyPockects

Apr 18, 2016
Dayton, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Garrett Ace400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around the doors of the house would be a good place to start. Front of the house where the kids played

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there Isaiah 45:3. Nice tag BTW. My greatest treasure ever is salvation. I absolutely love construction sights where the dirt is ripped up torn up messed up and I always start there. I have found old coins, tokens, clay marbles, and many other items just eyeballing the place as I detect. Pick up the iron as you go in case it might be "masking" any good targets. I'd just start cherry picking or randomly walking the sight searching for the first good target. If you find one then I'd probably grid search it like you are mowing the lawn. Cover every inch of it forward, backward. diagonally until you are confident you got most of the good stuff. If the original home has a substantial front yard I'd look for a good spot to set up a picknick under a tree or some spot like that and try to consider what may have been happening back in the day when folks lived there. Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Share the goodies with pictures here with us. Welcome to the T-net.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting