This is getting a little frustrating.............

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Ordered a detector from Kellyco about a week ago and received it and everything promised. Unfortunately, this detector was not for me so I called them to get a return number. The gentlemen that helped me out was fine, more than courteous, gives me the return number with no problem. I then tell him I would like to order a different detector which he puts into the system..not a problem. I call back the next day because Ive changed my mind (again) and decided on yet a different one, and here's where it gets a bit strange. So I tell the salesmen that I want a different one and he proceeds to ask me about my information, (Its in the system):icon_scratch: all you need to do is look. This took 10 min just to verify it:hourglass::hourglass::hourglass:..ok, Im patient, so we go through the entire thing. I then tell him the one I want, again, not a problem he needs to make sure its in stock and calls me back, yup, its in stock. I tell him I want that one, I also tell him to charge my card for the detector and when they recieve the old one they can credit my card back the amount of the refund for the exchange...I ask this no less than 3 times, cause I don't think he's really getting it:glasses11:. We end our conversation, Ive placed the order, Ive CONFIRMED that I have shipped the old one and they will charge my card and ship me the new one, when the return arrives they will credit my card and all will be well with the world............
GUESS WHAT.......got a call today. Did you ship the detector:icon_scratch:? Yup, why:icon_scratch:? Oh, were waiting on it before we ship the new one so we can apply the credit:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:. REALLY, was I not 100% clear when I ordered it yesterday. I want to purchase a detector, charge my card the ENTIRE AMOUNT, when you receive the returned detector, CREDIT BACK THE RETURN AMOUNT. Now, I get to wait 3-4 more days cause of this.......wow, I really am patient I guess. I didnt argue with the gentlemen, just wasnt worth, I wont mention his name cause I think he's a nice guy and trying to do his job:icon_thumright:, but sometimes ya just got to vent. AND THE KICKER, I wont likely receive it this week, tomorrow is Tuesday, If they get the return they may or may not get the new one out on time, and if they do I "MIGHT" be here by FRIDAY. If it doesnt make if Friday, I get to wait ANOTHER week cause Im gone for the entire week on training......thats the part that pisses me off most:violent1:. It should have been here no later than WEDNESDAY had they followed my instructions. ~live and learn folks~
cheers.:tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummmm you order one, then call to return it and ordered another one, then call back the next day because you have changed your mind again, and your frustrated they didn't ship right away?

Your lucky they didn't ship the second one before you called as there is a restocking fee on returns since once sold they can not be sold again as new, even if they haven't been used. The restocking fee is on their website, paying restocking fee on 2 detectors would be expensive.

Fee is 70% refund or 80% trade in value...

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Hummmm you order one, then call to return it and ordered another one, then 3call back the next day because you have changed your mind again, and your frustrated they didn't ship right away?

Your lucky they didn't ship the second one before you called as there is a restocking fee on returns since once sold they can not be sold again as new, even if they haven't been used. The restocking fee is on their website, paying restocking fee on 2 detectors would be expensive.

Ah, good point. I never ordered the second one, just told him what I was thinking about getting for the exchange.
As well, I understand I may have changed my mind a dozen times, Im not mad at Kellyco nor the salesman, on the contrary Id buy from them again anytime...Im upset over the fact that I made it clear how I wanted the transaction done, its not the end of the world.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread