Faithryder

Greenie
Jul 26, 2015
Southwest Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXII, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I came from an Explorer 2 I keep wanting to look at the numbers and not concentrate on the sounds. That is a hard habit to break. Just got it yesterday and dug bottle caps, rusty tin, bits of aluminum, three memorials and a clad dime. I think I am going to end up with a nice collection of rusty bottle caps, pieces of tin and aluminum before I get to feeling good about this machine. I'll get there.....someday. I'll try to get to my park this weekend where I have pulled mercs, barbers, standing Liberties and walkers from. I know it is relatively free of anything deep other than iron, most of the trash is on top.

Cross Potent

Oct 20, 2014
Mid Atlantic / East coast
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, definitely just dig everything for awhile to understand the language. Really the only way is to put in the time. If possible I recommend you use full tones & learn that way. That will really put you in tune with the unit.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also stay out of 18 kHz, especially in parks, it makes tiny aluminum and can slaw sound like quarters. Although I agree with digging just about everything right now, if the bottle caps are annoying you, you can move the silencer up to 4 and re-check the suspect target, they will not be heard when the silencer is on 4, a coin, or something that's not rusty will be heard.

corpsman

Jul 7, 2015
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Had: Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Bandito 2 uMax, Tesoro Bandito 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it may be a hard habit to break, but It will also be a good one to break. always go by tones first. I've had my deus for 3 months now, and I love it. I love using full tones, and the tracking feature works great for ground balance. if you're mainly coin hunting in parks, turn your TX power down to 1, and it might keep some of the chatter down. also, like someone else said, run in a lower freq. and it will cut out some of those little tiny bits of aluminum and other junk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread