This is how I search for an old site

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
this is a cool post. im sure you just helped a lot of people out !! :)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey thank's Don..definetly gonna check it out later tonight,think it gonna help on some certain property's as far as troop movement.How far back can they get you or is it more recent photo's?Thank's again and HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Google earth doesn't show images of my area close enough to be of any help. I've tried but the pictures are blurry.

chellyp

Mar 30, 2005
Northwest Oklahoma
I like to mess around with google earth and terraserve - But, I am never sure what I am looking for!! Could anyone give me some pointers? I have compared the 3 images posted here, but still don't know what I am looking for. Or is it just a matter of finding the map that shows the old homesteads, and then locating them on the newer ariel's? Thanks so much!!
Michelle

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
chellyp said:
? Or is it just a matter of finding the map that shows the old homesteads, and then locating them on the newer ariel's?? Thanks so much!!
Michelle

yup! thats what you do. then once you have found something interesting on the photos and maps,do a litte search on foot to find remnants of the old site. foundations,broken pieces of brick,glass,oyster shell,etc.then obatain permission and start swinging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions