This is it, last hunt of "08"

P

Pentico

This is it, last hunt of "08"

Well it is 50 degrees outside so before we head off to see some friends I thought to myself "Self" lets get one more hunt in before 08 is gone. I still don't know how you guys and gals post such outstanding pictures? I have really worked at getting a good picture on here. It has to be the camera, can't be me. ;D
5 megapixels you think it would be a good one. Oh well such is life in the fast lane.
It was great to get out today!
Found this spot about 2 miles from the house that use to be a Sunday meeting place for some of the ranchers and farmers S E of Denver. When I got there today it was full of folks out walking their dogs and riding bikes. There is still some of the old foundation of the house that was once there. So that is where I got to swinging. First out was 3 Lincoln cents and I thought oh no I can finds these any where. Then.................. bingo...........the 14K Bracelet! 2" deep in some faily hard ground. Keep chipping a way at it tell it popped out. I didn't think to much of it till I got home and washed it up. Got the loop out and bingo... 14K stamped on both ends. Then pulled out the diamond test and bingo again......real! This is where a good picture would come in handy to show the marks! Got the scale out for the weigh in and dang the battiers are dead.
Any picture tips are appreciated!
Made my day for sure just getting out on the 28Th of Dec.
Colorado, you got to love it!
Other finds today one 1964 dime and the rest clad, one junk bling ring, what I think is another ring but it is in a mud clod that is soaking and a silver ear ring.
Dang I am so hooked on this hobby.
Peace, love and recycle!

DN

Attachments

• Last Hunt 08.JPG
    Last Hunt 08.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This is it, last hunt of "08"

wow awesome year ending hunt!

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT

I am not worth a damm at posting pics either but one thing you might look for, does your camera have a micro in the menu, if so play with it. On mine once I set it to macro & began to focus if I lightly hold the focus button in for a minute it will result in a very close up shot.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

What do you mean last hunt, there's still 3 days left!!! Congrats on the plentiful finds.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great hunt DN. What a way to end the 08 year. You did great out there in high country :thumbsup:

S

seger98

Wow, what a way to go out! :thumbsup:

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

YA YA YA!!

Nice find brother! Love the bracelet lots of bling on that one had to turn the brightness on my screen down! If your going to go out you did a great job of not going quietely!! Great work and I hope you have a blessed 09!!

Crackbadger

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GREAT last hunt of the year, Nugget!! :o What an awesome bracelet! :icon_pirat: A bunch of super finds!

On the picture thing, make sure and use a lot of lighting. That always helps. :thumbsup: Even better if you can take them outside in the sunlight. :icon_sunny:

Happy New Year!!

Nana

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

Nice assortment, and SWEET tennis bracelet! I'd love to find one of those some day.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker

THAT WAS A AWSOME HUNT. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread