This is just an experiment.

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fun one. At least, its fun for me. Seems like I always post on a weekend when Art is busy as on a trip. This is, of course, a geologic map with a lot of faults. This area was very active around 1900. Most of these faults had claims on them with prospects and shafts. They were looking for copper and found it but also a lot of silver and lead, and some gold. Seems like they may have even found some zinc. It hasn't been active much since but I do believe there is one active claim here besides four patented claims that are end to end. So did they get it all or is there still something worthwhile there? I suspect that it could be just low grade ore. I know what I would like to find a lot of here. If I thought there was a lot of gold here then it would be gold but its not gold. OK, its silver.

Ch 08 Copper.JPG

Here is another one. I'm expecting to find silver on this one. A friend of mine had a map dowsed that revealed a bunch of silver at a location on this map. He even specified the amount and depth. I'm kind of curious as to how a geologic map might affect dowsing. I'm guessing it shouldn't matter.
Nicholas

Ch 07 Chimney.JPG

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have studied vault lines in California for years....As a hunter and then a prospector I had saw strange formations while wandering around mountains..After a lot of reading about earthquakes and also geology I was able to recognize a lot of these formations...and yes...some of them pointed me to gold...Art

attachment0AE5OV2I.jpg attachmentVH08VYQ8.jpg

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I need photos to the right and down. So on the second one, is the gold between the green lines?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread