All Treasure Hunting
Total bull crap !!! Thanks for posting

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Swat teams called in and National Guard on standby. 12 arrowheads and a large bag of pulltabs have been located already with more expected. Sadly the mans cat was shot during the raid....

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Riducules. I hope they don't try to confiscate the burial grave I have laid out in my basement!! LOL!!! By the way I don't have a basement!!! Most of his collection was WW2 related and I am thinking firearms violations without permits. My bad I guess he did have artifacts from reading the CBS article posted below. It just goes to show you the left and right news medias have their own agenda.

Last edited:

SouthTexasFinds

Oct 30, 2013
South Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though everything I had ever picked up was completely legal, this still makes me feel uneasy. I wish I knew the whole story as to what he was doing illegally and so on.Was he trespassing or taking from government property?

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just the start............. petrified wood is now illegal in Texas!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Country being flooded with illegal aliens, rights under attack, a lot of problems can't mention because of rules but I sure feel safer knowing they protecting American people from artifact hunters. .

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

mustangpalmer1911

Apr 12, 2011
Hop Bottom, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
"Artifacts" :icon_scratch: that appears to be a SERIOUS decon setup there. There is alot more than just statues, potery, and arrowheads to have that kind of response!

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The man is 91 years old if he was digging it was awhile ago.They could have sent a couple guys over and I'm sure he would have cooperated...People are getting tired of this B.S there is so much wrong with this country.They should have fun figuring all this out should take awhile.How many million dollars are they gonna spend on this one and what message does it send?

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200 people involved in the investigation that's crazy.Is there one branch of this government that's not a total joke?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
FBI seizes trove of cultural artifacts

FBI seizes trove of cultural artifacts at 91-year-old Indiana man's home | Fox News

FBI seizes trove of cultural artifacts at 91-year-old Indiana man's home

Published April 03, 2014
FoxNews.com

April 2, 2014: FBI agents seized thousands of Native American, Russian, Chinese and other artifacts that have "immeasurable" cultural value from the private collection of a 91-year-old man in Waldron, Ind.WISH-TV

INDIANAPOLIS – FBI agents have seized thousands of artifacts from Native Americans, Russia, China, and other nations from a 91-year-old man's private collection in rural central Indiana.

The items, which also came from Haiti, Australia, New Guinea and Peru, were collected by Donald Miller of Waldron over eight decades, FBI Special Agent Robert Jones said at a news conference.

"The cultural value of these artifacts is immeasurable," Jones said while refusing to disclose details of any of the individual items taken from Miller's property.

Some items were acquired improperly, but Miller, who traveled extensively, obtained others legally or before laws affecting them were on the books, Jones said. Federal authorities will attempt to repatriate items with their rightful owners, he said.

Miller told CBS News that he "absolutely" has rightful ownership of the artifacts and that he was cooperating with the FBI's investigation.

"I have been in 200 countries collecting artifacts," he said.

It was unclear whether he would face any criminal charges, Jones said.

Video shot from television helicopters showed an FBI command vehicle and several tents at Miller's property, about 35 miles southeast of Indiana.

Miller stored the items in several buildings on his property.

Andi Essex, a neighbor, told WISH-TV that when her company performed work on Miller’s home a few years ago, they were so mesmerized by his collection they wanted to come back.

“It was crazy stuff like that. But, it’s unreal. The full skeleton is what blew my mind and the Indiana artifacts that he had,” Essex told the station.

Larry Zimmerman, a professor of anthropology and museum studies and one of several experts assisting agents in cataloging and preserving the collection, said the quality of the items was variable but Miller had maintained them in good condition.

"I have never seen a collection like this in my life except in some of the largest museums," Zimmerman said.

As the items were assembled over several decades, it will likely take a lot of time to determine the age and origin of all of them.

"Mr. Miller has made an attempt to safeguard and protect the items," Jones said.

WISH-TV reported that Miller was also a local teacher and was involved in the Manhattan Project to build the atomic bomb during World War II.

“He’s just a very interesting, interesting guy,” Essex said.

HeavyFletch

May 18, 2011
when the feds passed the latest artifact law, it became a federal crime to own anything that " might have" come from a grave site. Very tough law indeed.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure it had something to do with the skull he had in his collection

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep they frown on that.It will be interesting how this plays out.He's kinda old....

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah.. It's basically a homicide investigation until more facts are brought in...so that explains some of the "scene"

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great ,now some old people,(no offence )going to be getting rid of evidence and its provenance will be lost. I,m not for possessing human remains but they are held by others in the name of science. Others for other reasons. What ever legal requirements are I don,t know but there are skulls and more for sale on the internet from "volunteers?'' that if you are in certain professions you can buy.Other places will sell to anyone it seems.

https://www.boneroom.com/welcome.aspx?c=1857&n=RealHumanSkulls

http://www.human-skulls.com/

Last edited:

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NEVER, EVER LET THEM INTO YOUR HOME!!! It can only screw you. They can use your words against you as evidence and if your words clear you it is "hear-say" and inadmissible in court.

This poor guy collected his whole life and now, because laws have been enacted since he acquired something it is being stolen from him. During WW2 our GI's could send home just about anything that fit in a mail bag. Today, a soldier who finds a rusted Soviet bayonet in the crap-hole of Afghanistan will get court-martialed for trying to send it home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread