This is pretty neat, I wonder when The US will do it

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Paper or plastic?"

Umm, How about Gold? :D

Probably hold up better to water I'd imagine but might break down in sunlight due to UV rays but neither is a major concern I'm sure. Just crank them out. The anti-counterfeiting technology is pretty cool.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If man made it, man will counterfeit it... It will just take a matter of time :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olroy70, you got that right.. The last time I was wrong was in 1973, and that time I thought I was wrong :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, it's like your phone minutes. If you don't use it by the end of the year it turns all clear. LOL Frank

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Frankyn: heck, even pore ole Mexico has been doing this for years. In addition, it has a built in scanner stopper. see attach example.
it is impossible under normal conditions to print it out in it's entirety.

In addition, different values have different colors and sizes.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• Mexican currency.jpg
    Mexican currency.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 423
OP
OP
jadeblackhawk

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Probably hold up better to water I'd imagine but might break down in sunlight due to UV rays but neither is a major concern I'm sure.

I find a lot of bills snorkling, and most of the time they are crumbling to pieces. I just thought maybe the plastic bills would hold up better until I find them. :icon_biggrin:

rubytuesday

Mar 21, 2009
Here in oz we've had some polymer notes since 1988 and went to all polymer in 1996.
In actual fact australia developed the polymer technology and has been busy selling it
to the rest of the world ever since. The notes hold up well through the wash, last
for many years, are cleaner, and would you believe it, also recyclable :D.
The only down side is that they don't stay folded all that well so you need to be careful
with where you put them. The up side of that is that for all you eyeball treasure hunters
there is a greater chance of finding the not so well folded stuff blowing in the wind.

Rubytuesday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread