Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what is that you're holding in your avatar? a flounder?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh and BTW I'll take a nice old 30-30 if you have one to spare

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a 100lb halibut caught in Alaska. Closest thing to a 30-30 is a Winchester 32 special. Nice brush gun. Got a bunch of other calibers at our disposal. Angelina likes the AR's. :) I know, that's sicker than the 22. Some people just enjoy and respect guns without fearing them.

Attachments

• angelina4.jpg
    angelina4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 66

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
are you a dealer?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker,

Don't get em started on the AR's. They will break you. My daughter now has an older Colt, H-bar NM and has claimed my Core 15 M4. Will have to admit her H-bar is incredible. I shot a one hole 3 rnd group with LC M193 off the bags at 50yrds the last time I shot it using the stock front and rear. Nothing is more fun for the kids than the .22lr though. I bought a CZ scout to keep at the range for the kids who come with Dad. About half the time I have to take it away from the Dads and give it back to the kids ...... ha ha. Wonderful thing about the time spent with them shooting, they will remember it the rest of their lives.:icon_thumleft:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now the little one needs a 410 to practice her skeet shooting. :headbang:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, just a hobbyist. My grandson has been shooting for years. He has shot everything we have including a 44mag pistol and a 338 Win mag. He shoots quarter size targets at 15 yards with his 22. He shoots plate size targets with the AR at 250 yards with open sights. He's lousy with skeet though. :)

Attachments

• no&mike2.jpg
    no&mike2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know TN, one of my sons reloads the ar stuff a thousand at a time. :) I took 3 different 22's to the range this day and really went through some shells. Had a semi-auto, a bolt action and a single shot. They liked the 22 shorts in the bolt and single shot. Could hardly hear them.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker,

I found some new magic last week you need to try if you get a chance. The Core 15's come with a 1/7 chrome lined bore on most models. They will shoot most loads fine and as expected like the heavy stuff a little better. I was well pleased to see them under MOA with the federal 69 grain match (Sierra BTHP match). One of my friends wanted me to set one up with a scope and riser for his son to deer hunt with. I think the .223 is too light but was not my call. To get good penetration I ordered some of the Barnes Vortex 55 grain TSX ammo to try in it. Went 55 instead of heavier to insure expansion from the 16 inch barrel. Incredible accuracy. Literally under .5 MOA load from a stock rifle. Consistently got 1" or just under at 200 yards with just a 3X9X50 Zeiss Conquest mounted on it. Couldn't believe the accuracy for a milspec AR. Tried it with another Core 1/7 and got near the same results. Not saying the Core's are anything special but the combo worked. If you ever have a need for penetration in an AR hunting load I would sure give Vortex 55 gr. TSX a try.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TN....this is a wild hog my son shot and killed with one shot from an SKS.

Attachments

• Jackies pig hunt (13).JPG
    Jackies pig hunt (13).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're correct pip. We keep telling them to lean into the weapon but they keep leaning back. This was just a fun day to spend some ammo so we didn't get too hard on them.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
TN....this is a wild hog my son shot and killed with one shot from an SKS

Packer,tell your son the next one he has to take with the bayonet:laughing7:Is that a Yugoslav SKS,i noticed its a blade style bayonet,not a spike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions