This is the absolute truth.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked with a friend of a friends sister who knows somebody that lives next to a driver for Garda.

Garda does cull all silver but they have realized by doing so they are cutting into their profits as banks are not ordering them anymore and they are stuck with a worthless pallet
of clad. They have hired a "Silver" place in each coin vault location. Each day, except Friday because of union matters, the "Silver" placer locates one box on each pallet of Half dollars
and inserts 3, that is correct, 3 40% silver half dollars. He/She is also responsible for placing 1 90% Quarter in the bottom box at the far right hand corner of the pallet, the "Silver" placer's assistant does likewise for the dime pallet but inserts 1 90% dime into at least 15 boxes on each pallet. The War Nickels are treated the same.

There, this should settle the argument for Garda. I am searching my family tree for any relatives or friends that might know somebody who could possibly be an acquantice of a former/current Brinks Employee.

Will Keep Everyone Updated.

HH

**UPDATED**

Brinks only culls pennies after 1986 according to my Aunt's great Uncle's son who is a mechanic that services all Brinks Armored Cars in New Jersey. They feel that copper is not something special and are going after the new makeup of the penny. They have built a storage facility in Hackensack to accomodate all the pennies they are culling. I asked if they
had any 2009's and he gave me a very strange look and asked "Why do you want to know?". I said that I was just curious and his response was "Curiousity Killed The Cat", do not
be a cat. And then he started working on another Armored Car......

Hopefully Loomis might be more forthcoming with information than Brinks was.
Will keep everyone updated.

HH

Strings.
Found a source tonight after tons of internet searching and have confirmed that Strings has outsourced all of the half dollars to India. In India, each worker carefully unwraps the shotgun rolls and searches each roll for silver. They do not, I repeat, DO NOT put a half dollar back in when they cull silver. Once the process is complete they ship the boxes back to the USA and are distributed to unwary souls who do not know about this practice. For those of you who had boxes that appear to be searched, you would be correct. The India government has been instructed to leave only 1 half dollar of 40 % heritage in a box if more than one is found. All 90% halfs are to be kept and sent back to the Canadian Federal Repository for melting and returned to a local online dealer as bullion.

That is all for this evening as my head hurts and my fingers are numb from typing.
Enjoy the week-end and hope you find a box that hasn't been tampered with.

Oh, as a side note, I did find that all of the major banks in the USA instruct their tellers to cull all silver coming into their station. They are also directed to keep this in plain sight and deny any customer who asks for it by stating that it belongs to them and they cannot sell according to bank policy.

There you have it folks, we should see no more posts about anybody culling anything from here on out.

And that is the end of the story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ParisRoubaix

Mar 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunk after skunk of Loomis boxs I'm convinced they cull silver, then I get a box of halves with 14! Same thing with the dimes after 6 skunk boxes I get a box with a Roosie, Merc, and silver canadian. I must have gotten the "silver placer" box and they were drunk while counting the coins before putting them in the box. You know Loomis and Garda work together right?!?! Too funny

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hell, doesn't dunbar cull silver too? the dunbar facility actually hires seasonal workers who come to the US for the summer, just to sift through dime after dime in search of silver. I don't know how true this is, but my grandfather's brother's son's friend's father's son's cousin who happens to work at dunbar told me. they are paid under the table to avoid taxes.

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think it might of been his second cousin twice removed .........on the fathers side. that would make it the friend father s uncle's ( mothers side ) step side ? I know that kid....he never tells a lie !! I believe it.....no more halve for me !!!!

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
Loose lips sink ships. This information is not meant to be disseminated to the public. Be careful answering your door to strangers tonight!

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a second i was thinking i might find a piece of two of 40%, but NO MORE.

I can look at other hobbys like figure the proper name to call someone's father's mother's niece's uncle's daughter's friend's grandfather's mother. classy name i bet.

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hell, doesn't dunbar cull silver too? the dunbar facility actually hires seasonal workers who come to the US for the summer, just to sift through dime after dime in search of silver. I don't know how true this is, but my grandfather's brother's son's friend's father's son's cousin who happens to work at dunbar told me. they are paid under the table to avoid taxes.

Funny you should mention that, while perusing the internet I did come across a Dunbar posting. Seems that the seasonal works are from India as well and their names are always John, Mike or Steve for the men and Suzie, Ann, Marie for the women. Thought with such a huge country that they would have more first names then that. They have all the instructions written down for each question they are asked so they do not mis-lead anybody.

Glad we found information that jived, guess everything on the internet is true. :laughing7:

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for a second i was thinking i might find a piece of two of 40%, but NO MORE.

I can look at other hobbys like figure the proper name to call someone's father's mother's niece's uncle's daughter's friend's grandfather's mother. classy name i bet.

Incest :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loose lips sink ships. This information is not meant to be disseminated to the public. Be careful answering your door to strangers tonight!

That is ok, Mr Smith and Mr Wesson always answer my door after dark. Sometimes they like to shoot off their mouth to the people at the door.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're real lucky you can find one of the raffle tickets they randomly stick in half boxes to win back some culled silver

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're real lucky you can find one of the raffle tickets they randomly stick in half boxes to win back some culled silver

That program ended Feburary 21st, 2012. They couldn't fund a web site to show the winning numbers. :(
And I have 15 of them I have found this week so far......

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That program ended Feburary 21st, 2012. They couldn't fund a web site to show the winning numbers. :(
And I have 15 of them I have found this week so far......

15 raffle tickets, that's a good box!!!

Well at least some of my tickets are in BU condition, maybe they're still worth a bit over the 'suggested retail value'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions