This is what it's All About! Pure GOLD MINING!

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
Upvote 6

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
How sweet it is !! I do have a HD pneumatic hammer run off a compressor and if you could get a small compressor up to that area without to much trouble this hammer would be a great labor saving tool for you ! I could make you any length tool steel chisel bits (hard faced bit's) you would like ! let me know if this would work for you ! GREAT VIDEO'S !!!! P.M. me with your mailing address if your interested ! Darn I wish I was 40 years younger !!:occasion14::icon_thumright: P.S. using this tool would keep you safely out of the way if material would break lose while you were under it while hand chiseling material !

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
How sweet it is !! I do have a HD pneumatic hammer run off a compressor and if you could get a small compressor up to that area without to much trouble this hammer would be a great labor saving tool for you ! I could make you any length tool steel chisel bits (hard faced bit's) you would like ! let me know if this would work for you ! GREAT VIDEO'S !!!! P.M. me with your mailing address if your interested ! Darn I wish I was 40 years younger !!:occasion14::icon_thumright: P.S. using this tool would keep you safely out of the way if material would break lose while you were under it while hand chiseling material !

I have been looking into pneumatic hammers Russ. I'm slowly working my way up to actual production. How big of a compressor do you reckon would be required to run that air hammer of yours?

Falling rock is no joke. I found some historic production reports on one of my mines and they talked about only 1 death at the mine. It was the foreman and he got crushed by a slab that fell from the roof post blasting. Never can be too careful!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I have 2 of these and they look rough BUT the run like crazy on my home 3 H.P. compressor . There's no paint left on the CP Hammers (only surface rust ) but they are oiled up and 1 of them is looking for a home!. These are not small like a home air hammer but larger but still small enough for just the type that would work for you up in those High Seairra's .
Let me know if you need them and send me your mailing addy . AND what length chisels do you need ! I figure a 1 foot length and maybe a 4 footer ? That material you were picking out looked fairly soft and EZ to pick out ! This would do the job!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
OPPPS on my part ! there's no PM function ! I tried to goto the CGC site but it seams to be gone and your CGC club site is there instead. It's been awhile since I posted on your CGC forum ...maybe you still have my email or some addy to reach me????

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a compressor with a handle pulls out longer for getting around rocks (2 wheels) more easily. Handle shoves back down inside, for taking up less space. Smaller compressor, you can probably carry on your back like a pack.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gone to using an 18v battery powered Ryobi SDS-Plus for either drilling or mucking these days.

EPWright

Greenie
Nov 25, 2013
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should contact Dave at #indiefire on Facebook.
He has perfected a new mining technique that allows the gold to be removed and sold as a jewelry product / art.
It brings more than what you mine in standard production.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread