THIS IS WHAT!

agatequeen

Jan 18, 2017
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this oh so perfect pestle/rock in a stream that runs into the ocean while I was in Bandon Oregon. It is around 6 1/2 inches long and has some glittery things going on. Now, keep in mind I live in California and there is not much happening in my neck of the woods. You know California. If I was a Native American as the work has already been done I would use it. :laughing7:
IMG_4336.JPG IMG_4337.JPG IMG_4353.JPG IMG_4354.JPG IMG_4355.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh i live in the chuncla central cal.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, the ancients were smart enough to pick up stones that already resembled, or were shaped, to what they needed and they then modified them to fit their need. Unfortunately, yours has the shape, but was never altered by man to make it into an artifact. That is all natural erosion.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a lot of these rocks here in the creeks and rivers. It looks good but it is just natural.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grimm nailed it. The ends would be a different color from the pecking and grinding motion. You are look for the right shapes, you just need to learn when a item has been used. Take the stone you found and rub on another stone like you would think it was used an you will see what wear sign looks like. Cool find :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

agatequeen

Jan 18, 2017
Paradise California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I kinda knew it was a Faker. Too good to be true that I would find one. :unhappysmiley: Thanks everyone for your response and positive words.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I kinda knew it was a Faker. Too good to be true that I would find one. :unhappysmiley: Thanks everyone for your response and positive words.

Ive been looking for years and havent found a whole one yet in that shape

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya know, iffn you stuck that thing down a tube sock you could defend yourself from anyone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread