SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A month or so ago I finally did what I have been postponing for two years - sending my 8 year old Tiger Shark back to Tesoro for a checkup and to fix some minor issues. I am very attached to this machine and having it away from home feels sort of like not knowing where your kid is. Tesoro responded very quickly when I emailed to make sure it arrived and to ask for another email when it was being shipped back so I could watch for it.

And, when it was ready, I got a nice email from Rusty with a tracking number. When it arrived today, not only did it get a tune up and repairs, but I also got new headphone pads, the old pads back I case I ever needed one, three tubes of silicone and a new battery pack. I was just blown away by these extras that went beyond just warranty service.

Not only do they make great machines but their warranty service is outstanding. If you are thinking about a Tesoro, know that they go above and beyond for their customers.

Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had many issues with my Tesoros, but when I have had a reason to deal with them, the service was superb.
luvsdux

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm waiting on my Tiger to get back as well. I regret selling the first one that I bought new a couple of years ago. I traded for a used one with a bad 8" coil unfortunately. This was the model with interchangeable coil and now I decided to go with 10.5" coil that will be hardwired. I enjoy talking to Rusty about detecting in general.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't beat Tesoro's service.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the others have good customer service, but none can claim the lifetime warranty that Tesoro does!

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard a TON of good stuff about Tesoro service...some really good manufacturers & great detectors out there, but not many of em have great customer service...bet my next detector is a Tesoro! 8-)

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always considered getting a Tesoro. I love my Deus and all, but there is something so wonderfully retro about Tesoro's design that is appealing. It just goes to show that you don't need all the bells and whistles to get good performance. On top of that, American made with a lifetime warranty? Impressive.

Last edited:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great Service, friendly people and the Sand/Tiger Sharks are built like a Sherman Tank. And with the Lifetime Warranty it's a no brainer...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions