This is why you never give in to that "sinking feeling" - my first gold ring!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why you never give in to that "sinking feeling" - my first gold ring!

My regular beaches are all sanded in, so I decided to travel a bit and try a new area. It was a beach near a coastal inlet, and I managed to get in about three hours of hunting. I was surprised to find a LOT of targets, with only THREE of them being pull tabs! I hit the beach a bit after low tide, and the incoming tide made the second half of my hunt more difficult (although I am still very much a fan of my AT PRO!). Below is a pic of the fishing sinkers I dug (all 42 of them - hence the "sinking" feeling!).

Lead Sinkers.jpg

I also managed to find a few modern coins (who cares if there's a pic) and two wheat pennies - a 1957-D and a VERY thin 1942-S.

Wheat Pennies.jpg

But clearly, my find of the day is my VERY FIRST gold ring! It isn't much, only a 10K weighing in at an anorexic 3 grams, but I've been hunting beaches now for more than half a year and I've never found any gold before today. I don't need any help (for once!) with the maker's mark on this one - it was solved for another user in a previous TNet post. (It's a Tessler and Weiss ring). I know it's not a big deal, but it was a first for me, so thanks for looking!

10K Gold Ring.jpg
Ring Hallmark.jpg

Upvote 31

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first GOLD!! It's a beauty!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations! Still looking for my first silver or gold! Must feel GOOOOOOOOODDDD!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, congrats! Still haven't detected gold yet but thankfully eyeballing has served me well.

Regarding all those sinkers, I'd consider them to be good "bread and butter" sorts of finds, lead won't make you rich but it's a good metal to stash away, or sell as ingots on eBay. It may just be a bit 'o autism but I get excited when I find lead, and actively collect it from shooting ranges etc to melt down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread