CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Y'all's fault...

Surfing last night, trying to find a site from some time back concerning LRL's, found this 'un. Started reading this forum.... oh my.... now I'm in it, deep after today, and it's Y'ALL's fault....

Had to run a couple of erronds, and just had to stop at a couple of banks and buy some rolls of halves after reading last night.... I had no more control than a serious drug addict looking for a new high.... had to try it.

First bank's rolls yielded nothing other than 71, 74, 77.... which will be a follow-on question....

Second bank yielded four 40% Kennedy's... 3 - 67s, 1 - 69... all from rolls that had a name on them, I speculate from the depositor... guess where I'll take a ride to tomorrow?

So my first stab at this netted four coins out of 400 --- a 1% success rate... not too bad if one is looking for silver.

Got over $100 in 71s, 74s, and 77s.... I know the 71&77s were D (Denver) MMs.... any way other than careful study to determine if they're 40%? The 74s I'll just pore over with a mignifying glass.

Y'all'er just a bunch of dirty-thunders.... look what y'all got me involved in....

Robin

Upvote 0

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
Re: This is Y'all's fault...

HA HA You're hooked. The only way to get your fix is to see the man (or lady at the bank). It will call you at all times of the day. you are now living on the edge...nice to have you join us.

HH (happy hunting)

mark
www.gas50.com

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA

Coin roll hunting is a disease....Here's to your infection! ;D Some past finds...Good luck! HH

Attachments

• 021206 Walker Franklin Front.jpg
    021206 Walker Franklin Front.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 020906 Franklin Half Front.jpg
    020906 Franklin Half Front.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Roosevelt Sandwich Front.jpg
    Roosevelt Sandwich Front.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 256
  • 021206 Walker Franklin Front.jpg
    021206 Walker Franklin Front.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 020906 Franklin Half Front.jpg
    020906 Franklin Half Front.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Roosevelt Sandwich Front.jpg
    Roosevelt Sandwich Front.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 252

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE

Welcome to the club! Im glad I am not the only one that got suckered in by these folks. Unfortunately, I have had to curtail my roll hunting this week, because the girlfriend is in town, so lunch is spent with her instead of hightailing it to banks. Drats. :) But Im glad shes here. Good luck hunting!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

1965 trhough 1970 were 40%, 1964 and earlier were 90%. You won't find very many 1970's as they were in mint sets and proofs only. This is for the halves. Dimes and quarters stopped using silver in 1964.

Keep an eye out for 1974D with a doubled die. Search the posts for a pic....

And best of luck to ya! HH!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Guilty as charged Cap'n!

But since we're that influential all it should take is a simple "cease and desist" on our part. So, feel free to stop roll searching at any time. ;)

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX

just fly down to Vegas, and give Immy some competition! ya, thats it.........."You'll only find silver in Vegas"

Paul

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey, hey, hey...let's not upset the balance of things! I'm sure there are plenty of Vegas searchers without an eager #1 draft pick joining our ranks. ;) Besides, I may be relocating to the Pacific Northwest to start a new cola and laundry machine business. I hear the competish isn't that fierce! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread