jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry But I'm going to Guess the "Detectives" Relayed a message to her that they broke no laws,
and this is the reason she's ragin' about it online.

Show me a schedule where they were planning on digging what is rotting away under the farmers field, and that these men messed this dig up.

or even proof they
trespassed without permission

and / or an arrest report saying these men broke a law.

the National Register of Historical places is just a register.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
mxh5891 wrote, "That's why I said it depends on the area he lives. I don't think it's inner city because he is living by a lake. That's why I said I pictured him living out in the country side. Where 16 year old kids are far less likely to rob anything."

Most people would be less likely to rob the home of someone they see as being nice. However, even usually good kids might get mischievous at some point and decide to play some nasty joke on "the old crab-ass that drove them away!!" They could grow up needing money for whatever reason and decide to rob his house - after all, they might remember that "he's a mean old buzzard!"

...Before anyone gets upset, I'm not saying that anyone is a mean, old buzzard. I'm only saying what the boys/men might think at some point.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bottom line as always is ...if its not "open to the public" freely detectible land ... ie "privately" owned land ...you MUST get the owners ok first , before detecting it ... no if's ands or buts about it .. that's "the law" -- going on folks land without their permission is called "trespassing" ...taking items off their land without permission is called stealing / theft ...its that simple

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter wrote, "FYI, the gate they used is 8 foot from my house and due to shrubs they have to walk with in 4 foot of my screened in back porch..."

Yes, that puts a WHOLE NEW spin on things!! That literally is coming up to the house. The kids/men were in the wrong - definitely!! And again, depending on the atmosphere of the community and the aggressiveness of the boys, TH might have been fully justified in how he handled the situation.

There was a time when kindness was normally returned with kindness, respect with respect. Nowdays it isn't possible to believe these things, which is sad. I didn't grow up in Mayberry by any means, but it would appear, for the most part, that the world I grew up in ceased to exist long ago. But still, I'm going to withhold aggression unless needed. Maybe TH did the same thing. I'm certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt!

What's his history with the boys? Have they caused trouble for anyone else in the area? There's a lot more to the story than what we know.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottom line as always is ...if its not "open to the public" freely detectible land ... ie "privately" owned land ...you MUST get the owners ok first , before detecting it ... no if's ands or buts about it .. that's "the law" -- going on folks land without their permission is called "trespassing" ...taking items off their land without permission is called stealing / theft ...its that simple

Correct. But Does this Crabby lady Own the Land ?
Was it even any of her business ?

I think that is as Legit a Question as Did they have permission.

Which they apparently said they did.

and so far there doesn't seem to be an arrest.

I believe she said they stayed Calm & cordial ?
this really P.o.'s old crabby ladies who wanna fight
& have an excuse to cry assault :laughing7:

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you got the ok and are doing it correctly .. simple tell the nosey old lady so and --say "have a nice day" ... that said anyone who thinks that they are seeing a crime committed has the "right" to address the issue ..(seeing what you think is a robber breaking into a neighbors home... you might say something.. (note it can be dangerous ..as some crooks when "caught" in the act by a eyewitness will be come violent) -- I if I see what I think is a "thief" stealing .. I will call the cops to let them check it out --( hey its their job *) since a thief who steals from my neighbor today -- might try to steal from me tomorrow

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't ask their age, I guessed between 16-19, they were all close to 6 foot tall if not over.. Once they started smarting off to me as far as I was concerned conversation was over. Why would I ever give someone I don't know permission to use my property to reach the lake behind my house when they didn't have the courtesy to ask to begin with? What stops them from returning when no one is home, when my wife is home alone or with friends that weren't there the first time or telling their friends they can use my property to get to the lake....

FYI, the gate they used is 8 foot from my house and due to shrubs they have to walk with in 4 foot of my screened in back porch which contains freezer full of food, fridge with beer, my parrot cages, weights, tools and other valuables etc...there is also a large picture window that gives them a view into my home including of my parrots and other valuables.......

I saw and still see no need to invite trouble. Yes my home is alarmed, with back up power and both land and cell coverage and notifies the police and me via my smart phone anytime an alarm goes off but that doesn't mean I should invite trouble. I am armed with a .45 every single time I leave the house and I have loaded firearms hidden through out my home....I also have firearm insurance to protect me if I have to ever use my firearm to protect my wife, property or myself...

Thank you for clarifying. Before you clarified I was picturing the kids opening a small gate and walking on the edge of your property no where near your house. I wouldn't want people doing what you said either. They are to close to your house.

Any chance you could open up a path to the lake for other to use that's not on your property? This way you don't have to worry about this happening again. How big of a lake is it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lake is surrounded by private homes, to open a path would still be on someone else's property. When they built the neighborhood they messed up and left more than a dozen lots locked with no road access and in a flood plain, you cant dump dirt into a flood plain as it forces the water else where so no one can dump fill dirt and there is no access to get to the lots. I have lake view home and the lot behind my home is lakefront, but it is 90% under water most of the year so I have lake front but don't have to pay taxes for it. I maintain down to the water.... the lot is owned by the county and in 15 years they have never contacted me nor have I ever seen a county truck there.

A man bought the lots sight unseen on the court house steps for back taxes about 5 years ago then tried to sell the lots to the owners under threat of building on them, after some research I found out that there is no access to the lots and they are in a flood plain. Under state law you can remove dirt from a flood plain but you can't replace it nor can you dump dirt in the flood plain....

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These two guys could also be scoping out your property, whilst under the descise as just fishing...I think you did the right thing confronting them, especially as now they know that your are armed

Yup, now they know to bring their own guns when they try to rob him! Flashing a gun impresses no one. You're just making it loud and clear that you're afraid of them. Just my opinion...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, now they know to bring their own guns when they try to rob him! Flashing a gun impresses no one. You're just making it loud and clear that you're afraid of them. Just my opinion...

Your opinion is wrong too, this happen about 3 years ago and they haven't been back since.

I have loaded firearms hidden through out my home just in case of an home invasion including my AK 47, Czech Wasr 10, 12 Ga auto shotgun loaded with buck shot, 2 .45s with hollow points, 2 9 MMs with hollow points and 2 22s.. I am never more that 2-3 secs from a loaded firearm in my home. I wasn't afraid of them, I made it clear when they implied there was just me that it was me and my .45 by pulling up my shirt to expose my .45 which was loaded with hollow points.....

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your opinion is wrong too, this happen about 3 years ago and they haven't been back since.

I have loaded firearms hidden through out my home just in case of an home invasion including my AK 47, Czech Wasr 10, 12 Ga auto shotgun loaded with buck shot, 2 .45s with hollow points, 2 9 MMs with hollow points and 2 22s.. I am never more that 2-3 secs from a loaded firearm in my home. I wasn't afraid of them, I made it clear when they implied there was just me that it was me and my .45 by pulling up my shirt to expose my .45 which was loaded with hollow points.....

Your not prepared for a home invasion....your prepared for an ISIS invasion...talk about over kill. Where do you live? In the middle of Compton? I'm just joking.

A side note, that's kind of harse telling freeBirdTim that his opinion was wrong. He is entitled to his opinion. I can kind of tell by the way you treat others that have a different opinions then you that you were not very present to the kids you found fishing on the lake. Sometimes it's ok to be a pleasant human being sometimes.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have loaded firearms hidden through out my home just in case of an home invasion including my AK 47, Czech Wasr 10, 12 Ga auto shotgun loaded with buck shot, 2 .45s with hollow points, 2 9 MMs with hollow points and 2 22s.. I am never more that 2-3 secs from a loaded firearm in my home. I wasn't afraid of them, I made it clear when they implied there was just me that it was me and my .45 by pulling up my shirt to expose my .45 which was loaded with hollow points

Nine guns in your home? Where the heck in Orlando do you live? That must be one rough neighborhood...

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nine guns in your home? Where the heck in Orlando do you live? That must be one rough neighborhood...

That's probably just the ones he had loaded and hidden. Probably has more in a gun safe somewhere. That's a lot of guns to have stolen when the home invasion happens when no body is home.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really a bad neighborhood but there are bad neighborhoods with in 3-5 miles.

I believe in the right to bear arms and you can never have too many firearms, they hold their values too... I have friends that have 4-5 times as many as me. One friend has at least a dozen AR-15s different versions and setups...

I stopped at gunvstore on way home today too

That's probably just the ones he had loaded and hidden. Probably has more in a gun safe somewhere. That's a lot of guns to have stolen when the home invasion happens when no body is home.

They had better be masked and fast to find them and get out with in 10-15 mins. My alarm systems has multiple cameras attached, both land line and cell transmitters and the last time it went off I was home and didn't answer the call, took 11 mins to have 2 police officers here checking my home after alarm went off. Weapons are hidden and not easy to find unless you know where to look and all my firearms are insured as well.

I stopped on the way home from work today to look at a Judge 5 shot pistol and a 2 shot derringer, both fire .45 and 410 shells..... I want a pistol that fires 410 shells....

My neighbor is a county sheriff, my other neighbor is retired and home most days and he is also well armed as well...

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really a bad neighborhood but there are bad neighborhoods with in 3-5 miles.

I believe in the right to bear arms and you can never have too many firearms, they hold their values too... I have friends that have 4-5 times as many as me. One friend has at least a dozen AR-15s different versions and setups...

I stopped at gunvstore on way home today too

They had better be masked and fast to find them and get out with in 10-15 mins. My alarm systems has multiple cameras attached, both land line and cell transmitters and the last time it went off I was home and didn't answer the call, took 11 mins to have 2 police officers here checking my home after alarm went off. Weapons are hidden and not easy to find unless you know where to look and all my firearms are insured as well.

I stopped on the way home from work today to look at a Judge 5 shot pistol and a 2 shot derringer, both fire .45 and 410 shells..... I want a pistol that fires 410 shells....

My neighbor is a county sheriff, my other neighbor is retired and home most days and he is also well armed as well...

Sounds like you are pretty well protected. When are you installing the laser trip wires, cameras, and anti tank mines?
That is a nice deal to live next to a sheriff. Always good to have one around. Surprised you didn't add a dog for added security. Even if it's added friendly dog, most people see a big dog and just would rather not take the chance.

I like the judge...never shot one but I would love to get one. Probably going to have to divorce my wife though to get it. She is so anti gun it's not even funny.

Just to an Devils advocate I think if someone broke in they could potentially get away with alot of your guns and valuables in less then 10 minutes. They will be breaking and flipping everything over. Your weapons may be hidden but you need them to be semi easy access so you can grab it in a hurry.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you are pretty well protected. When are you installing the laser trip wires, cameras, and anti tank mines?
That is a nice deal to live next to a sheriff. Always good to have one around. Surprised you didn't add a dog for added security. Even if it's added friendly dog, most people see a big dog and just would rather not take the chance.

I like the judge...never shot one but I would love to get one. Probably going to have to divorce my wife though to get it. She is so anti gun it's not even funny.

Just to an Devils advocate I think if someone broke in they could potentially get away with alot of your guns and valuables in less then 10 minutes. They will be breaking and flipping everything over. Your weapons may be hidden but you need them to be semi easy access so you can grab it in a hurry.

As I said they better be quick, they are not easy to find either, there are lots of neat ways to hide fire arms these days and yet have quick access and again they are insured.

When my alarm is triggered it sends text to my smart phone immediately telling me of the alarm, I can view cameras on my cell and it is also recorded, and again they are insured.

Under Florida law citizens can use deadly force to defend their home, car, family and other citizens and by law we are immune to any civil law suits arising from the legal use of a firearm if you are not charged and convicted.

In Florida we have both "stand your ground" and "castle law" here, you are under no obligated to retreat if threatened and you are in any location legally.

Wife is allergic to dog and cat fur so no dogs in house....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread