This looks bad for someone...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bottom line Tim....it's her property and she can do with it what she likes!! I agree with you on one point though...sounds like she is a drama queen, but that's just her personality....

And her right.........I have thrown people off my property who were fishing in the lake behind my property. Lake is not on my property but the only way to fish behind my house is through my gate and my property due to the dense brush which contains thorn bushes..... I mow down to the lake as the lot behind my house is underwater most of the year so no one can build on it..

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're basing your opinions on the slanted view of this busybody. Give me some hard facts from law enforcement and I'll agree with everything you're stating.

Many of my relatives are (or were) cops, including one that's a detective. A beat cop might look into this "crime", but there's no way a detective would waste his time investigating this alleged "crime". That's why I think this lady is full of it and lying her rear end off. She's a drama queen, period.

Not opinion. They have apparently given conflicting stories every time they were questioned about it. That's guilt right there. Face it FBT, you are the only person here who thinks there is no problem with the criminal trespass and theft.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
kcm asks FreeBirdTim to "please" read the above post; #54.

REGARDLESS what the law states......again, REGARDLESS....EVERY - SINGLE - PERSON who goes out onto land that isn't theirs needs to 1st know whose land it is, and 2nd get permission to be there. If the land is private, contact the land owner and get permission in writing. Nobody can dispute it if it's in writing. If it's public land, then get permission (if necessary) from the agency/office in charge. It's that simple.

The land owner may me the biggest horse's rear in the entire state!! But unless they give written permission for someone to be on the land (other than a guest, in this case), then the person is trespassing. Without written permission, it's the land owner's word against yours (or theirs...or whoever's). The land owner should always win!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kcm asks FreeBirdTim to "please" read the above post; #54.

REGARDLESS what the law states......again, REGARDLESS....EVERY - SINGLE - PERSON who goes out onto land that isn't theirs needs to 1st know whose land it is, and 2nd get permission to be there. If the land is private, contact the land owner and get permission in writing. Nobody can dispute it if it's in writing. If it's public land, then get permission (if necessary) from the agency/office in charge. It's that simple.

The land owner may me the biggest horse's rear in the entire state!! But unless they give written permission for someone to be on the land (other than a guest, in this case), then the person is trespassing. Without written permission, it's the land owner's word against yours (or theirs...or whoever's). The land owner should always win!!

I agree with the overall post, with the exception of the permission being "in writing". Everyone must know their local laws, but for MOST places, verbal permission from the land owner is perfectly legal and acceptable.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And her right.........I have thrown people off my property who were fishing in the lake behind my property. Lake is not on my property but the only way to fish behind my house is through my gate and my property due to the dense brush which contains thorn bushes..... I mow down to the lake as the lot behind my house is underwater most of the year so no one can build on it..

Do you throw them off your property while they enter it, or do you try and throw them off once they get to the lake?

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Face it FBT, you are the only person here who thinks there is no problem with the criminal trespass and theft.

Don't speak for everyone here, because you are wrong. Until I see some tangible evidence that the police were involved and this guy was either charged or told to keep away from this place, I'm siding with the diggers. Do a little research on this drama queen and you'll see how full of it she really is.

What's the detective's name that was involved? What's the name of the digger? She's big on drama, but doesn't provide any real details. She's just begging for sympathy and attention, imo.

This place is getting very ugly. First it was the Vino witch hunt and now this baloney. You guys are coming across as a bunch of gossips lately. If you can't support (and forgive) your fellow diggers, then why bother posting here? Just to stir the pot, I guess...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you throw them off your property while they enter it, or do you try and throw them off once they get to the lake?

I didn't see them enter, I found them when I went to my fridge on my back porch, I confronted them fishing in the back and I asked how they got there as there is no way there except through my front yard, through my privacy fence gate and through my back yard to the lake. They admitted they open my gate and crossed my property to get to the lake. I told them to leave then as there is no way to leave except across my property, then they asked for permission to cross my property to fish and I told them it was too late to ask after the fact, they (age about 16-19) tried to intimidate me till I revealed I was armed, they then left with out any further argument.

Last edited:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not opinion. They have apparently given conflicting stories every time they were questioned about it. That's guilt right there. Face it FBT, you are the only person here who thinks there is no problem with the criminal trespass and theft.

You don't actually know anything except what one person said who obviously has her own motivations. Theft of what exactly?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't actually know anything except what one person said who obviously has her own motivations. Theft of what exactly?

Bottom line they did not have permission so they were trespassing, they were looking to take anything they felt was valuable, rare or collectible. Someone breaks into your home they are breaking the law, makes no difference if they found something to steal or not, it is the same thing...

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over here if you go on somebody's land without there permission it's classed as a civil offence not criminal, but go with a detector and it becomes going equipped to steal with a metal detector, a criminal act. It seems like these guys intentions where to do just that.

SS

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that comes on my property, I can ask them to leave. If they refuse, I just call the Sheriff and have them cited for trespassing. They (trespassers) don't have to be doing anything, just coming on my property uninvited is trespassing, if I want to be an a**hole....that's the law.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see them enter, I found them when I went to my fridge on my back porch, I confronted them fishing in the back and I asked how they got there as there is no way there except through my front yard, through my privacy fence gate and through my back yard to the lake. They admitted they open my gate and crossed my property to get to the lake. I told them to leave then as there is no way to leave except across my property, then they asked for permission to cross my property to fish and I told them it was too late to ask after the fact, they (age about 16-19) tried to intimidate me till I revealed I was armed, they then left with out any further argument.

You sound like the old man yelling at young kids to get off your lawn. So what if they walk across your land to get to a lake to go fishing. You should be encouraging that type of behavior(fishing) especially for young men that age. It's better then them selling drugs in your neighborhood or vandalizing stuff.

You could have told them if they bring a weed whacker or machete they can clear a path not on your property to get to the lake where they can fish their hearts out.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always get permission in writing, including the shares of the finds. Good hunting and good luck.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You sound like the old man yelling at young kids to get off your lawn. So what if they walk across your land to get to a lake to go fishing. You should be encouraging that type of behavior(fishing) especially for young men that age. It's better then them selling drugs in your neighborhood or vandalizing stuff.

You could have told them if they bring a weed whacker or machete they can clear a path not on your property to get to the lake where they can fish their hearts out.
You sure sound like someone that thinks that what's mine is your's .....You sure are misguided person...

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure sound like someone that thinks that what's mine is your's .....You sure are misguided person...

How could you get that from what I said? I was just offering treasure hunter an alternate view of what he could have e done in his situation. The kids were not detecting on his land just measly walking g on it to get to a lake that was not on private property to fish. If they were walking g on his land to go drink beer and smoke then by all means kick them out. I don't think I'm misguided at all. What's misguided about saying that 16 year old kids are better off fishing then selling drugs and many of the other not healthy alternatives. I hope my kids pick fishing over sitting on the couch playing games video games all day.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It seems you yourself trespassed to confront them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not when they don't ask permission to do so first, especially at that age....If they had asked first they would have gotten permission, but no they chose to trespass first then chose to try to be smart asses and try to intimate me because I was by myself when I confronted them, that is until they saw I was armed.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not when they don't ask permission to do so first, especially at that age....If they had asked first they would have gotten permission, but no they chose to trespass first then chose to try to be smart asses and try to intimate me because I was by myself when I confronted them, that is until they saw I was armed.

You can choose to do whatever you want. But do you understand my point that it was kind of unessessaryour to kick them out. They were actually doing something productive and not causing any trouble. Why is it such a big deal they walked across your property to get there?

To me showing them you were armed is worse then them walking across the lawn. What were you going to do shoot them if they didn't leave? They were not doing anything wrong at the point you got there. The mistake they made was admitting they walked across your lawn. They could have denied it and said they crawled through the woods.

It probably would have been better to just talk to them and let them know you would rather them. Otherwise walk admitting cross your lawn and please don't do it again. Giving them attitude first is probably what caused them to give you attitude back.

I'm not saying that what they did was right, and they could have asked but they probably either didn't know it was your property or figured that just walking through it wasn't a big deal. Which it really should be that big of a deal. Defiantly not a big enough deal to bring a gun into the situation. You could have killed someone over them walking though your yard. Is that really worth ruining your life and some other person life over?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can choose to do whatever you want. But do you understand my point that it was kind of unessessaryour to kick them out. They were actually doing something productive and not causing any trouble. Why is it such a big deal they walked across your property to get there?

To me showing them you were armed is worse then them walking across the lawn. What were you going to do shoot them if they didn't leave? They were not doing anything wrong at the point you got there. The mistake they made was admitting they walked across your lawn. They could have denied it and said they crawled through the woods.

It probably would have been better to just talk to them and let them know you would rather them. Otherwise walk admitting cross your lawn and please don't do it again. Giving them attitude first is probably what caused them to give you attitude back.

I'm not saying that what they did was right, and they could have asked but they probably either didn't know it was your property or figured that just walking through it wasn't a big deal. Which it really should be that big of a deal. Defiantly not a big enough deal to bring a gun into the situation. You could have killed someone over them walking though your yard. Is that really worth ruining your life and some other person life over?

Trespassing is not doing something productive, it is breaking the law. There is no way to where they were but through my yard, it isn't a wooded lot on either it is thick with wild thorn bushes, no light gets through it is so thick.

Why is it a big deal? It is because they trespassed, when I confronted them about it they became smart asses and tried to intimidate me because I was by myself and I was suppose to be meek and give in.... I don't play that game, who is to say they wouldn't have return when I'm not home and my wife is....

I am always armed when I leave home, because I had recently returned home I was still armed with my .45....

Didn't know it was my home, what a ridiculous statement that is, what, they accidentally thought they were on their property?
They walked through my front yard, opened the gate to my privacy fence to go through my back yard to get to the lake.

If they got shot it would have been their fault for attacking me which under Fl law justifies deadly force if needed...It wouldn't have ruined my life either, under Florida law which includes "stand your ground" and ,"castle law" we are protected we are under no obligation to retreat........ The only way they would have been shot is if they attacked me or threaten me with bodily harm...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems you yourself trespassed to confront them.
No I didn't trespass, I was on my property when I confronted them, 90% of the lot behind me is under water which is why no one has built or done anything with it, it is owned by the county for unpaid taxes.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread