This made my day!!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
A beautiful spring day in Northern Vermont, and most of the ground is now thawed except in the deep woods and shady areas. Got out to one of my favorite all yards and spent about 4 hours detecting. I had found some nice things including a silver and delft pin, and was getting ready to go. Decided to do one more sweep of the back portion of the yard and got a solid half dollar hit. Dug about a five inch plug and this is what was looking up at me. It certainly made my day....Lance

Attachments

• 1877 S half dollar front.jpg
    1877 S half dollar front.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 605
  • 1877 S half dollar back.jpg
    1877 S half dollar back.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 0

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Nice find Comfy, I think I will join you and see if I can come up with some more interesting finds. How about I meet you at the airport on Thursday say late morning? ;D

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Nice find!!!!! I would have done a couple cartwheels after finding that one!!!!!!! :o

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
comfyinvermont, mainly I was thinking about the east coast corridor where so much history took place. Vermont surprised me in that the population is so low. Of course, OK is several times larger than Vermont also. We have about 4 large popuilation centers and the rest of the state is pretty wide open. Mountainous eastern part and Swest near Lawton with flat lands in mid -state and high plains in the Nwest section. Dozens of man made lakes, fishing and boating galore. When most think of OK they think of cowboys and Indians and the dust bowl days, but we have nearly every kind of land you could want depending on the part of the state you visit, from lakes and small mountains to the Salt Plains and the Little Sahara, an area of sanddunes. Had to brag a little. I know some folks who moved to Vermont from here and they love it, they've been there over 40 years now. Anyway, good find!

M

mchamby

Hi Lance,
Nice find! I just got permission to hunt another empty house I'm hoping to find and IH or silver would be nice. I went out yesterday for 3 hours and came home with beer caps up the wazo. I found a kids cheap necklace (broken) 22 beer caps 1 reg penny two wheaties, nail and 2 smashed soda cans. I'm still having difficulty with pinpointing this explorer, it seems that my target is always on the egde of the hole. Practice makes perfect so they say so I guess I have a lot more practicing to go.
Mchamby

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!! I am still looking for my first seated anything!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread