guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
;)Not bad today However Murph hit it big with a real nice gold ring congrats murph

Guzz1

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
14k thin men's band. Sounds like a squeaky piece of high grade foil but not as smooth and high a tone as a nickel. That will probably only make sense to sov and excal user. Lots of old shallow clad also. Some sand has definitely been pulled. Probably even more so this morning now that the wind has subsided.

There is a positive 0.3 low at 12.39 this afternoon. Hope to have work out of the way by then and get out to see some exposed cuts.

Attachments

• gdring.jpg
    gdring.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 346

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you guys. Hope you get back out and get some more. I am probably done surf hunting till January but I will enjoy reading what you guys do.

I will be in the Georgia woods next week looking for General Sherman's camp remains again.

Everybody have a great holiday!

DaChief

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Well this storm event turned out to be pretty much a bust. The only value target was the wedding band and no cuts ever formed. In fact I think some areas actually have more sand after the storm. There were some nice coin lines and clad count definitely jumped but I think the lack of people in the water this time of year kept the jewelry finds at pretty much average.

I was surprised to see little in the way of competition. The rough surf probably discouraged the water guys and the entire beach had been flooded making everything "wet sand". I know this would have reduced my previous machines to useless chatter boxes and I suspect the clad was actually pulled from the dry toward the water to produce the coin lines with the prodomently junk childrens type jewelry mixed in with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions