This mornings finds :)

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
Well me, birdman, and a friend all went to morlautern again.. different area where I was before. I found some cool stuff. I think everyone found something interesting. I think the coolest thing I found was a WW2 GRENADE! We were in these woods, and huntings along the hillside and some flat areas. There are some old roads running though the woods, prob 3 or so. I guess each one seemed to have a foxhole. Around one foxhole, where some kids play in( it was covered by some fallen branches) is where I found the grenade. I am glad I didn't hit it with the shovel hehe. It was in good shape. Still had paint on it, the handle was still on it(really rusty) and the pin was gone. I put it back, I may go take a look at it again sometime. I really wanted to take it home (yeah all I need is a Kaboom!). I also found a few musket balls, a really tiny musket ball, a pile of melted lead that was either musket balls or was going to be musket bals, a nazi coin from 1938 in good shape, a small bullet round (prob ww2, looks to be pistol),a piece of a pistol or its part of a bipod for a weapon. I am not too sure its pretty rusty. Most of the musket balls we were finding were dropped ones.. never fired. I found one that was very flat. Here is a pict of todays finds. I also found 2 large rusty pipes that were 3 ft long each. I didn't bring those home. Everyone was finding foil, but it was this green color. It may have been ww2 field rations. I know the german ones were in something similar to that (a solider in band of brothers was eating some german cheese out of a tube that looked like the kind of foil we were finding). Or it could of just been regular old foil. I hope you enjoy the pict. If you want to know anything specific in there let me know. Its not the best pict ever :)

Attachments

• mour2.jpg
    mour2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0
O

OKIE

Hay, VIPER
Good finds, not like JD's junk.... ;D
Just kidding JD ;)
Hope to see a lot more from u Viper
Tell the wife HI
CYA in chat
HH, Ray

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Super intersting, thanks for posting.
A grenade, eeek. Yes, put it back.
But it would be a good one to get a photo of too.

Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are kids playing in the foxholes you may want to alert the local police so that they can dispose of the grenade. Hate for a kid to find it and decide to take a swing at it with a baseball bat!

OP
OP
viper771

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
yeah haveing them blow up the grenade would be bad :( I think birdman found a morta round out there somewhere too. We will figure out something. It would be really cool to bring home though. You could always bring someone you don't like to it and toss it to them "here catch!". hehe No cannonballs yet though. I may go out tomorrow sometime. Its been raining since this afternoon!! So the ground will be nice and soft.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Viper we need to take some picks of the grenade and rebury it about three feet deep up on the hill side. Cool stuff but dangerous . ??? Not bad for one of your first finds with your new detector. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread