This Move By Veterans Affairs Might Be The Most Disturbing One Yet

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
UNBELIEVABLE: This Move By Veterans Affairs Might Be The Most Disturbing One Yet...Wow

Colleen Conley March 1, 2016 at 6:56am

Many have criticized the Obama administration for its seeming disregard of serious issues facing the men and women who have served in our armed forces. Deplorable conditions in VA hospitals, poor management and unreasonable wait times may have resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of veterans, while poor access to mental health facilities has left many homeless. All the while, the president jumps through hoops to ensure that illegal aliens and refugees are provided with benefits they never earned.

Now, Daily Caller has reported that Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) officials are outsourcing healthcare paperwork for American veterans to processors half a world away — in the Philippines. Why? Because it’s a whole lot cheaper to do so.

The Manila VA office was opened after World War II, in which many Filipinos fought against Japan alongside the United States military. The Philippines was a U.S. territory until 1946; thus it made sense to have a veterans affairs office in the country to care for those vets. Today, the country has its own government agency to care for the few vets there who are still alive.

But the far-flung U.S. outpost remains open to process paperwork for U.S. vets seeking healthcare, primarily due to the low cost and efficiency of its labor force as compared to offices and workers in America. The minimum wage in the Philippines is one dollar a day, and there are no unions with which the government has to deal in collective bargaining or face strikes.

Rima Nelson, the office’s director, explained that 90 of the workers are Filipino, adding:

“We are efficient and the quality of the work is very good. We have a very dedicated staff who enjoy serving veterans, and our numbers show that we have high quality work when they do quality comparisons.”

In addition to benefits claims processing, the office has a medical clinic that provides only outpatient care and only for service-connected disabilities for the few remaining WWII survivors.

Congress makes the determination to keep the office open on a year-to-year basis, with cost containment being the primary driver of its continued operations as the only foreign outpost for processing WWII veterans’ claims. But as the number of military personnel who fought in the war dwindles — the average age of a WWII vet is now 93-years-old — the savings is now in question.

In 2011, the Government Accountability Office wrote: “VA has not estimated the costs or savings that would occur if the outpatient clinic were closed and/or some of its health services were administered from the U.S., such as through the Foreign Medical Program.”

Since that statement five years ago, many more of our greatest generation have passed on, undoubtedly with some waiting for care they deserved, but never received.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep,

I am biting my tongue to keep this post non political. In that regard, let me just say that nothing in this info really surprises me, although I wasn't aware of the Philippines situation. I would have guessed some place in India though! Short and not so sweet summation ...... a damn shame and disgusting!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I receive nothing but quality care from the VA.

My VA care is better than any civilian care I ever received. I go to one facility, EVERYTHING I have ever needed was there.

I've found that most of the people who complain have never had to deal with the civilian run around and shuffling from one facility to some other side of town and then elsewhere, and wait in line behind all the illegal aliens and welfare recipients so I can pay extra money and then the mountain of paperwork from arguing insurance companies that follows for months and months to come.

Two thumbs up to the VA. Thank you.

Are they perfect? Nope- who or what is?

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1. Their claims and eligibility dept, tho'...not happy with them. Also, the VA needs to start giving service connected vets dental care. Not just 100% disabled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, we dental care from the VA.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I receive nothing but quality care from the VA.

My VA care is better than any civilian care I ever received. I go to one facility, EVERYTHING I have ever needed was there.

I've found that most of the people who complain have never had to deal with the civilian run around and shuffling from one facility to some other side of town and then elsewhere, and wait in line behind all the illegal aliens and welfare recipients so I can pay extra money and then the mountain of paperwork from arguing insurance companies that follows for months and months to come.

Two thumbs up to the VA. Thank you.

Are they perfect? Nope- who or what is?

I agree ! I am VERY satisfied with the care I receive !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread