"This Site Needs Help" (Important)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: "This Site Needs Help" (Important)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimonLakeSub said:
This great site has become neglected,,,This is the place to share Information and see what going out there in the world of treasure.
Lets all give it a little help, And pump some life into it!!!

Simon.....

This site? What site? You mean this recommended reading forum?

OP
OP
S

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006

I stand corrected !!! Recommend Reading forum:

How about some input? Jim? Your a wealth of information.

Regards Simon....

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some weeks back I posted what in my opinion was wonderful reading for leads, both Civil War, and cache hunting. (The Turnbo Manuscripts) But not one person followed up on this or at least did not give a response. The manuscripts are broken down into 28 chapters each with several short stories regarding eyewitness accounts of life before, during, and shortly after the Civil War...Steve

T

Tall-paul

:)lol,, it needs a tweek more than help,,, i for one dont see any point at all, if you ask for help you get so many different answers, some valid some bad, and the valid dont always match up,, then you get the ass***s who want to argue and not to mention some jealousy so they try to belittle a person and try to make them out to be a liar,,,

so whats the point,, may aswell just get on with what you do and enjoy yourself,.
no point in getting a head-ache here, just a few days ago one of the above mentioned an ass***e, states he wants to keep the integrety of the site, because he believes a certain find not to be true, lol :), what integrety is he talking about i ask myself,, when he makes himself look a complete and utter shirt lifter,,,, making out he's an avid md-er, when he spends most of his time on tn wishfull thinking, and ive never seen any decent finds posted by him yet,, ooooooooooppppsssss iam getting katty but what the heck its only a forum he he he he :).

oh well so long to the decent folk here you know who i mean,,, :) and to all the shirt lifters----- break a leg.

and hey steve, dont worry thats the way it is here,,, if you post a find that to some dosent quite look right for maybe some reason you'll get many responses,, :)lol.... just hit delete and enjoy life, leave the sh*t behind.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

SimonLakeSub said:
How about some input? Jim? Your a wealth of information.

Mostly Simon - I'm a wealth of opinions... LMAO

I think there is value in every forum!

However, we, as different people, tend to gravitate to our own interests... and it's obvious that most here don't have a huge interest in reading the "Recommended Reading" forum.

I will use myself as an example.

There is no way on God's green Earth that I can read or respond to every post in every forum here. I don't block anything... but I also don't come close to be interested in all of it. I check the forums that interest me: What Is It?, Today's Finds, Daily Snapshots (which useully have nothing to do with treasure hunting), Everything Else, Comedy Central, Civil War (Because there is no Indian Wars forum), Rants, and recently been using the Chat room. I have absolutely no interest in many forums here! Including the recommended reading forum.

Having said that... I do skim them now and then for something that may catch my eye. Like this post! I like to read... I read and research via the internet and my library historical room all the time. I have books I'd like to recommend if you live locally here where I do, but nobody does! Why post it?

Simon... I know you have authored two books... have you talked about them here?

The Coin Roll Hunting forum is a huge success here! I never look at it...

I can't afford to buy books all day long that you think is interesting... you know what I mean?

Tall-Paul... I hear you... but are you referencing the enitre site being a problem? I know I posted in your recent finds post that turned into a fiasco... I spoke very broadly about problems this site has (in my opinion only) about the confrontations being mishandled in the post... which is pretty rare by the way. This post is about the recommended reading forum only I think.

I guess the bottom line is... if you recommend a book to me about Montana Indian War soldiers, battles, issues, locations, and equipment... well hell ya' I'll read it! Otherwise... I can find it online.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

ericwt said:
SimonLakeSub said:
This great site has become neglected,,,This is the place to share Information and see what going out there in the world of treasure.
Lets all give it a little help, And pump some life into it!!!

Simon.....

Not sure what you are talking about. Are you talking about TN in general or recommended reading?

Eric... he's talking about the recommended reading forum... I asked the same question...

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stevesno said:
Some weeks back I posted what in my opinion was wonderful reading for leads, both Civil War, and cache hunting. (The Turnbo Manuscripts) But not one person followed up on this or at least did not give a response. The manuscripts are broken down into 28 chapters each with several short stories regarding eyewitness accounts of life before, during, and shortly after the Civil War...Steve

Here is a link to the Manuscripts online for free.

http://thelibrary.org/lochist/turnbo/toc.html

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !

There's so much info at T-net that in the year I've been here I haven't yet made it in here. but now I have thanks to this post, and it fer sure will be moved much higher on my to do list. Thanks Simon ;)

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005

Hey,

Does anybody know if any books by John Newman Edwards are online?

Thanks in advance and thanks Simon and junior!

Cavers5

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

cavers5 said:
Hey,

Does anybody know if any books by John Newman Edwards are online?

Thanks in advance and thanks Simon and junior!

Cavers5

I see you can purchase them on-line, but not read any on-line.

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005

Thanks, Montana Jim,

Just posted a new topic so more people might see it!

Cavers5

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

junior967 said:
stevesno said:

Here is a link to the Manuscripts online for free.

http://thelibrary.org/lochist/turnbo/toc.html

junior967,
Thanks for the link.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No Problem. I thought everyone might like to look them over. Alot of interesting stories in there. Plus can't beat the price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions