This weekends Digs

mudslideslim

Mar 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was from the hunt Bebo and me went on this weekend. First picture was what I saw Sunday afternoon after about 12 loads of dirt through the sifter. Always love to find nice old spearpoints! Second pic is my stuff cleaned up. P-caps all came from 3 holes very close together. Any ideas about that brass piece on the lower left.
hh
slim

Treasure Hunting Video Sharing >>> http://relichunt.com <<<

Attachments

• may308smpoint.jpg
    may308smpoint.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 452
  • may308 010sm.jpg
    may308 010sm.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 452
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Digs Sal. You got a whole mess of percussion caps there. Nice Eagle button.... and the point is very nice. :wink: What is that button to the right in the middle? The brass piece in the lower left looks like it may have come from an old pen/quill.

OP
OP
mudslideslim

mudslideslim

Mar 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Nice Digs Sal. You got a whole mess of percussion caps there. Nice Eagle button.... and the point is very nice. :wink: What is that button to the right in the middle? The brass piece in the lower left looks like it may have come from an old pen/quill.

Thanks bud. That big button is a colonial era flat button in great shape - nothing on the face - we call them Tombac buttons.
hh
sal

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:

OH ok...It looked like it might have been a state seal button. It is hard to tell from the picture that it is a flat button. I see the big dandy type flat button at the bottom but that one all the way to the right was a bit harder to tell.

P.S. I dont know if you remember, but I met you at this past DIV when we were waiting in line to go into the banquet room for the meeting on Thursday night. I came up to you and asked if you were "Sal" and you said that you were and I said "well it is nice to meet you" and that I had talked with you over the net several times.

Great finds bud! And that was a nice pit that y'all dug at DIV :wink: :wink:

OP
OP
mudslideslim

mudslideslim

Mar 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
{Sentinel} said:

OH ok...It looked like it might have been a state seal button. It is hard to tell from the picture that it is a flat button. I see the big dandy type flat button at the bottom but that one all the way to the right was a bit harder to tell.

P.S. I dont know if you remember, but I met you at this past DIV when we were waiting in line to go into the banquet room for the meeting on Thursday night. I came up to you and asked if you were "Sal" and you said that you were and I said "well it is nice to meet you" and that I had talked with you over the net several times.

Great finds bud! And that was a nice pit that y'all dug at DIV :wink: :wink:

oh yeah - i remember that bud! my bad - the thing you are referring to is not a button at all - its the end of a Spencer casing.
hh
slim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread