This weekends estate sale finds...lot of pics, dialup beware!!

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down in Alabama this weekend for the holiday and was able to get out to an estate sale on Saturday and picked up a few things:

Here's an old picture viewer:
vieweryo8.jpg

Found this old hat box:
tophatboxkz6.jpg

with the hat still inside in great condition:
tophatgc8.jpg

Here's an old notary type stamp. It says Gertrude Hyrne "O" Mistress in the White House Washington DC. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!!
stampdm2.jpg

fireplace bellows:
bellowsmz9.jpg

I picked up this brass desk bell because I have a collection of bells:
deskbellbp8.jpg

A neat old rocking horse carved of wood and fitted with brass:
rockinghorsejh5.jpg

Some type of sewing device:
seweruq4.jpg

A little bit of silver:
silverbrushsetbh3.jpg

silverserviceyd6.jpg

And a few pictures:
Robert E. Lee:
leepicturedq5.jpg

Capitol Building:
capitolpicturejd4.jpg

A map of Greenville Co. South Carolina 1882:
mapscix4.jpg

The total out put of money came to $73.00, which I thought was a pretty fair price to me.
Thanks for looking.

D.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
You got a super duper deal. The map is super and the hat is awesome. You don't see hats like that anymore.

OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You see thats the problem. I keep accumilating all these things, but have yet to sell any of it. I am thinking seriously of starting to list stuff on ebay tho. Anybody that has or is doing this please post any tips,suggestions etc.

Thanks,

D.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man you stole that stuff for $73! great buy!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Man what a great bunch of finds! Around here all you find are partial boxes of Leggos and chipped china. Congrats!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
For the heck of it - that "some kind of sewing device" is a type of shuttle, used for weaving. The yarn (thread) would go from that bobbin (spool thingy) up through the hole at the top of the arch in that thing. That side of the shuttle - the arch - would be facing the just-woven cloth, while the flat side faced the "reed" - the part of the loom that kinda holds the threads already on the loom - at a given spacing.

Honestly, I'm not familiar with that type of shuttle, but from what I do know of weaving, I *think* it's from some kind of powered loom - sometimes called a "flying shuttle" (no kidding). At any rate, whatever kind of shuttle it is, it IS a shuttle.

HH
Nan (the fiber freak)

OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Nan!!
;D

I had no idea what it actually was ???, it was in a box with some of the other items.

D.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Dharm.....you did very well! As far as listing things on EBAY....you just have to kinda jump in with both feet. I started selling on Ebay in 2000. I was a novice at it, but have eventually over the years become quite comfortable. It's fairly easy getting started and it's alot of fun when your stuff starts to sell!

My advice to you would be to research your items thoroughly!! Look at completed items (auctions that have ended) to see what the item sold for and see what the starting price was. It will give you a general idea of what to ask for you item. Sometimes you don't get what you wanted for the item....and sometimes it sells for alot more than you expected! You just have to judge for yourself on the "popularity" of what your selling.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do......and have fun!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
Dharmacy

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This weekends estate sale finds...lot of pics, dialup beware!!*Update*

Sold the top hat for $110.00 ;D

D.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hat & case and the rocking horse are great! The hat alone is worth the price of admission.

take care,
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread